Article: Understanding Pet Insurance

My puppy came with 6 weeks insurance, but after reading what is included and not, I am most definitly better off to simply pay as I go. I was actually quite disappointed in coverage options and premiums when I looked at several plans more closley.

Probably a pup's first year should be covered, just to be on the safe side, cos initial year vet costs can get pretty aggressive.

Very interesting. I have looked at pet insurance before but somehow can't seem to get a firm understanding of what it actually is and how it works. I have been fortunate to have healthy dogs and so I never really pressed on for detailed information. It's interesting that while its called insurance that it really is not what you would expect. So insurance for humans and animal insurance are two different things. Makes you kind of feel like you are buying as extended warranty on your car that only covers items that rarely break down. By the time you satisfy the deductible on other repairs it turns out to be no bargain. so I guess I am still sitting on the fence on this one.

Charlie Draper, Publisher
www.cockerspanieltraining.net

Back