Article: Well-bred vs. Healthy

I know what the writer was getting at but in my opinion well bred and healthy need to go together. It seems to me that if a breeder was breeding a dog that was unhealthy, just to get a certain standard or look then they don't have a well bred dog.

My girlfriend breeds cocker spaniels. Last summer we had a litter and in the litter we had a brown and tan as well as an all brown puppy. My mother was talking to a man about my brown cocker and his first question was "What color is the roof of his mouth?" He said that if the roof of his mouth was brown he was more valuable. The roof of his mouth is indeed brown. I am looking for more information as to what he was talking about. Can anyone tell me more about this??

My girlfriend breeds cocker spaniels. Last summer we had a litter and in the litter we had a brown and tan as well as an all brown puppy. My mother was talking to a man about my brown cocker and his first question was "What color is the roof of his mouth?" He said that if the roof of his mouth was brown he was more valuable. The roof of his mouth is indeed brown. I am looking for more information as to what he was talking about. Can anyone tell me more about this??
It makes no difference. I've never heard of that.

Back