off topic Did something dumb today

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
I was shoveling my driveway this afternoon and the mailman handed me the mail which I LAID ON MY CAR TRUNK. I continued to shovel and completely forgot about it. When I finished me and Hoshi ran errands in the car and ate when we came home. I remembered the mail but not what I did with it. I couldn't find it inside so I searched the video on my surveillance cameras and saw myself drive off with the MAIL STILL ON MY TRUNK. I wouldn't have been so concerned but one letter said "important tax document." So it's 8:30 at night and dark out. I'm outside with a flashlight looking for my mail. :( I found it 3 blocks away half frozen in slush.

So the moral of the story is don't put important stuff on the top of your car.

Oh no Manuel! Well, it's a good thing you found it. I'm sure it happens to all of us as we are aging. And, you have had a lot on your mind. :heart:

Glad you found it. That's one thing about driving a truck, I can't do that sort of thing. I can't reach the roof to put stuff on it, and if I put it on the hood, I'd see it. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have done the same thing.

Oh, that sounds like something I would do....you were probably so focused on snow removal and your errands that you just weren't paying attention to anything else!

Oh no. Glad you found it.
I have had to train myself to not put stuff ON my car.
Inside the car or inside the house. I get annoyed at my lack of brain function making me do extra work......but I learned the hard way I can no longer trust myself to remember little things. There are just to many big things stuffed up there to remember.

Back