TPLO for Reagan

My house is going to be very clean, at least the area where the puter is. I keep coming back to check. Waiting and sending out good thoughts.

They just called. Reagan is still in recovery with the anesthesiologist. Surgery went well. They sent the nylon line from the first surgery to the lab to be cultured. It did not break, but it was loose. They will go over all that tomorrow when I pick her up. She should get to come home tomorrow as long as oral meds will manage her pain. They will call me again when they move her out of recovery.

I put a clean cover on her bed, picked up the house, picked up the dog toys again after Cooper pulled them out, got out the vacuum turn around and Cooper is sitting there with three toys around him. LOL Get on the computer and he climbs on my bed and takes a nap.

Whew. I've been checking in to find out. So glad she's on the home stretch of this last surgery

Thank you for letting us know she is out of surgery. I've been sitting here on pins and needles.

If the nylon line didn't break - it probably stretched.

I will check back later to get her update.

Hugs

Oh so glad it's over and Reagen is in recovery. Thinking of you Amanda.

It'll be interesting to see what the culture shows up on the nylon line. I'm glad she did well with the surgery, I hope she gets to come home tomorrow, with you. I think her recovery will be better at home than at the vet clinic.

I am so glad that she is out of surgery. It will be interesting to see what happens with the line. Hoping that all goes well tonight and that tomorrow brings your girl home. Fingers crossed that she will be home in her own bed. Continued prayers.

I was busy all day, thought of Reagan, but didn't get to the forum until now. So glad the surgery went well, and I really hope the oral meds can keep her pain free and she can come home to be with all those who love her...human family, dog family, and US!!!

Reagan's vet just called again. They switched her to oral meds this afternoon and she is resting comfortably. They will call me in the morning, but she should get to come home tomorrow.

Glad to hear she's recovering and doing well. I'd be surprised if the suture cultured positive. I'm not sure but I think may be normal for the suture to break after it's done it's job. They only need it long enough to hold the joint together while it encapsulates in scar tissue.

It is normal for it to break eventually; hers was still intact. I'm not sure why they are culturing the suture, but will find out tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the support and prayers. Reagan and I greatly appreciate it!

So happy she can come home tomorrow but am wondering why they are culturing the nylon. Mayb some sort of bacteria growing on it?

I hope she got to come home today and is resting comfortably. Let us know when you can. Keeping you and her in prayers.

I'll be slammed busy at work today but I will be thinking of you both.

Will try to check in if I get a chance.

If they thought there was bacteria or an infection I don't think they would of done the TPLO. Infections can be very serious because it can hide under the plate.

The surgeon is really good at going over everything at discharge. I hope to remember all my questions, but if not I have his email address and can always call the clinic.

Back