Allergies

John B. Y

We’re proud owners of a 12 week old blue roan male cocker called cooper. We’ve had him to vets twice in a week over him scratching and biting himself. Vet thinks it’s some form of allergy but is reluctant to test him or give him medication because of his age. We’ve also noticed a redness in eyes. We’ve been advised he may have an allergy to some foods. Has anyone any advice they can give us.

fleas or mites would be first on the list. Yeast would be next. Your vet can test for both. There could be something he's come in contact with around your property. You could switch dog food to grain free with a different protein source.

Did you check with your puppy's breeder to check if your home environment is much different than what he was raised with? Perhaps he didn't use grass but was raised on a run with gravel or something like that, also if you changed foods? Poor baby, I hope you find out what is bothering him.

Check to see what food the breeder was feeding the puppy. Another thing you could do is to check for a grain free chicken free food for puppies. I think I would check with another vet to see if they have any other suggestions.

Back