Best food to feed a 7 month old puppy

Hello and welcome, your babies are beautiful. What are you feeling her now?

Choose a food containing whole meat as its main ingredient. Dog food comes in different preparations. From best to worst
  • raw food
  • canned food
  • dehydrated food
  • dry food
Why is dry food worse? Because it contains no water and is more likely to cause dehydration and kidney damage especially to a puppy.

I am feeding them Blue Buffalo now. I have been looking at switching them to Merrick.
I think both are good foods, I would do research online, maybe buy a small bag and see how they do. I will admit that I home cook, last year I bought a kibble to take when we traveled, since then I had been feeding it to mine for breakfast. I noticed my older boy (almost 14) was having some problems with constipation, they still ate my home cooked for dinner, now they have it for both meals and he's back to normal. Like Manuel said, kibble doesn't have enough moisture, and, sometimes that can be a problem. Which ever you choose, research, be sure that they haven't had any recent recalls.

I forgot to mention that the kibble I bought was always grain free, and always one of the top five on the DogfoodAdvisor.com website.

Back