Dog driving us nuts at night

I have thought about doing home made food just haven't had the time or patience to tinker with it just yet along with no clue on how much she would get per feeding. Though I would speak with a vet before starting on it. I'm still not entirely sure her itching is allergies to food but won't rule the possibility out just yet. As of the past few hours with her laying by my feet and playing with the toddler she may have had 4 times shes itched at anything. I've also noticed that the fur right above her hips where she's constantly chewing is very dry and thin compared to the rest of her coat. The skin itself in this area is normal, no bright red or irritated look too it at all.

Have you changed her food recently. Sometimes allergies will cause them to itch. Mine was so scratchy and starting losing hair till I switched her food. Also try a shampoo product called Davis Chlorhexidine Shampoo. This stuff is the best. It soothes the skin and treats any bacteria that might be making them itch. I would give it a shot as well as change her food.

Hi Onna, I had my Coco at the vet, and had Coco on the same food. She said, some dogs get allergies just like humans, to certain dye. (EX Red Dye #6) I went to the store to find one that doesn't have dyes in them. There are a lot, more then I thought.

The Member's Mark brand didn't have any red colored pieces in it just, light and dark brown. I really have no clue to ingredients in it. She has been getting a large table spoon of wet food at night but between it and the new food she's gained a bit more weight but not overweight for her size. lol I'm not even sure if I can afford the vet at the moment, I read a post where someone spent over $200 on an allergy test for a boxer.

The Member's Mark brand didn't have any red colored pieces in it just, light and dark brown. I really have no clue to ingredients in it. She has been getting a large table spoon of wet food at night but between it and the new food she's gained a bit more weight but not overweight for her size. lol I'm not even sure if I can afford the vet at the moment, I read a post where someone spent over $200 on an allergy test for a boxer.
I'm afraid that I think Members Mark is not a really good food. It's the same quality as any grocery store food and cockers don't really do well on the cheaper foods.

I'm afraid that I think Members Mark is not a really good food. It's the same quality as any grocery store food and cockers don't really do well on the cheaper foods.

Plus even tho you don't 'see' red pieces, that doesn't mean there's no red dye in it as red does shade alot for brown colors as well. The bag has to have a list of ingredients on it. You might even check for it online as well.

Actually I have done some research on the bag that I get, and all that I can figure out is its one of a variety of the Purina brand food. It's what ever extra they have and its just put into the bags for the Members Mark. Now the Sport one has a list of ingredients in it but even then it's random what is in the bag. I am thinking of taking the Beneful back and see if I can get the Blue Buffalo instead since I've got a bit of store credit to afford that.

Actually I have done some research on the bag that I get, and all that I can figure out is its one of a variety of the Purina brand food. It's what ever extra they have and its just put into the bags for the Members Mark. Now the Sport one has a list of ingredients in it but even then it's random what is in the bag. I am thinking of taking the Beneful back and see if I can get the Blue Buffalo instead since I've got a bit of store credit to afford that.
Good Onna.. What you spend on a better food you will save at the vets and your cockers suffering. I'll bet you see a improvement right away.

Well thats the stuff I was gonna get but I'm stuck waiting until they get another shipment in. One of the ladies I talked to said that her issue with the one spot on her back could be fungal/bacteria related and suggested some stuff to try and see how it works as soon as she gets a bath. Really this spot is the only area she just constantly chews on, its never inflamed just looks like a dry/oily patch of skin with very fine fur there.

Back