rescue Female Cocker Available

ApolloShadow

Owned by
2 cockers
This little girl is available at the Saginaw County Animal Care Center. My heart breaks for her. She looks so defeated. I saw her stray ward photo and she was sitting with her head in the corner. She needs out of this currently awful shelter.

I'm networking her as much as I can because it kills me to see any dog in the shelter, much less a breed so near and dear to my heart.
970245_566913306680960_1427443642_n.jpg

1000992_564019140303710_616758580_n.jpg

She appears to also have a fairly new collar, so someone may have cared for her at some point. Obviously she needs a good bath and a trim, but she's beautiful.

I will be more than happy to do a transfer to wherever whenever but this girl needs to get out before she gets sick; the slightest sign of a kennel cold and they euthanize.

Oh Paige, she is just beautiful. I hope she finds a home right away. :(

The shelter just updated; she officially is now "Shelby". No word if there were an tags on the collar she was found wih that indicated her name or if they just picked that name.

Shelby is just beautiful. Paige do you have a Cocker rescue close by? If so I would call them and see if they could go get her.

I did contact them and they said they'll look into it. The shelter she's at is the one I adopted Apollo from and they aren't known for being kind to
Rescues and other shelters who try to take the dogs.

Oh wow that is sad Paige...looks like they would be thrilled for anyone to help find Shelby a home and would welcome the help of a rescue. Our local shelter works with rescues for all breeds.

Paige I hope they do pull her.. or perhaps someone can pull her for the rescue group.

I'm working on it! I volunteered to several rescues to do the entire transfer if they need it. It's so frustrating they found her in the same place they found Apollo, and four or five others, one of which was so sick she was euthanized on intake.

They need to figure out who is leaving these dogs there.

My local Cocker Spaniel group is trying to find a foster for her right now, and are also networking her to people that have been interested in adopting a cocker spaniel but currently aren't fit for any of their current rescues.

Fingers crossed for Shelby!

Good job, Paige! Fingers crossed! If you have a URL, I'll post it on my FB, the more eyes the better.

Actually I just found a rescue who is processing her paperwork. It's going to be a few days since they are in another county; but they have a foster and a groomer lined up for her.

Actually I just found a rescue who is processing her paperwork. It's going to be a few days since they are in another county; but they have a foster and a groomer lined up for her.

Wonderful news is right...thanks for helping this girl out.

My local rescue found an adopter and now Shelby is in a good home with another cocker spaniel to keep her company.

I do love happy endings!

Back