Foot pads advice please

Owned by
2 cockers
I need some advice maybe this is a common thing with cockers that has home remedies (as I am unemployed at the moment and money is tight). Charlierose it seems is loosing pigment in the foot pads (pictures to follow sorry she wouldnt sit still for me), her pads are normally black and now some are looking like pink and some are pink and pink and black. I don;t know if this a doogy version of frostbite she loves to be outside playing in the snow and is usually the last one in the house.

Attachments

• DSCN0119.jpg
    DSCN0119.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0118.jpg
    DSCN0118.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0117.jpg
    DSCN0117.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 60
Sorry, but I can't make anything out from those pictures. If it was frostbite or an infection you would see obvious swelling in the toes or pads. The skin might be peeling off. You might see an open sore. Is she favoring that leg? Is she licking? Sometimes the skin on the pads can wear thin and you'll see more pink which would be normal. Keep and eye on it. Putting some Bacitracin on the pads won't hurt.

I'm so sorry Jan, I could see the discoloration in the photos okay, but, I have no clue why it's happening. But, I live in So CA and we don't have the cold weather like you guys so... maybe Linny or Kelly or Cindy or another snow bunny can help.

It's totally normal . . . don't worry about it. Frostbite would be VERY evident . . . the dog would be limping, would have pain and discoloration (but not just losing pigment - the dogs' feet would look waxy and feel extremely cold). Frostbite is literally frozen flesh, and the foot would be VERY cold.

Back