Grooming Certification

Tasha 2.0

Owned by
1 cocker
I read on the internet "The dogs are groomed by our full time AKC CERTIFIED GROOMER" what is a AKC certified groomer? What kind of course do they offer? Where can I find a listing to locate a AKD certified groomer in my area?

I just had to Google that. LOL

It appears you can be a certified groomer, and even a nationally certified groomer ~ but NOT a AKC certified groomer. I do believe that groomers have to be certified by the state. Not sure how closely that is checked and reinforced though.

I don't know Gordon, I suspect that someone is making up titles again. LOL

I can't find any reference to that particular certification.

Yes Gordon, Robin will know. She is a certified Master Groomer. She always signes her name with a NCMG after it, that is her earned title. Not sure what it stands for LOL..

I think it stands for National(ly) Certified Master Groomer.

I hope I got that right or I will feel like a real putz. LOL

Yes Dot u got it right. There are a few national grooming organizations from which you can test to become one. I have not heard of an AKC Certified Groomer. Interesting. My certification is thru the National Dog Groomer's Association and I had to pass both written and practical tests with a B or above to get. Then to pass the Masters another 400 question written test.
I'd call the groomer claiming that title and just question them about it.

Is Joe adding to his list of credentials? Do a screen capture in case he removes it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Wow! Trying so hard not to laugh right out loud (I'd wake the DH). Somehow, I saw where this thread was going, way before I had much reason to. Like I could smell something.

Wow! Trying so hard not to laugh right out loud (I'd wake the DH). Somehow, I saw where this thread was going, way before I had much reason to. Like I could smell something.
:lol::lol: I know Deborah! You would think that if he's going to claim something on his website, that, he would at least copy down the titles correctly! :lol:

Back