Grooming Tools

karenwalksthedogs

Staff member
Owned by
2 cockers
Now as most of you really talented people know I do not clip my dogs myself. I know my limitations, but I do brush and bath between professional groomings, do ears, brush teeth, etc. For years I had used the same brushes and combs. If one broke I got a replacement at PetSmart or off Amazon. Then my groomer recommended a special brand of pin brush for Farley's cotton coat. It was expensive but I thought I would give it a try. Wow! It was so much easier to brush him and keep out the mats. I started asking for recommendations and acquired high end combs and slicker brushes. Again they were more money but the difference they made in ease of brushing and the amazingly wonderful way the boys look when I am finished makes the price difference well worth it.

I never knew before how much difference having good grooming tools makes in both ease of grooming and the finished results. They really are worth it.

Last edited:
Wonderful! Yes good brushes and combs do make a world of difference. What pin brush did they recommend to you? I have a greyhound pin brush as well as comb, I really like them, they work very well for me. I do have a universal slicker brush that I really like, I have the larger one. The plush puppy pin brush is another good one, I will be getting one soon.

Talk to me about pin brushes, please! We're overdo to replace/upgrade!

Would you mind sharing the names of said tools? And maybe pics? I need to change up what I use and I would love to see what professionals use and recommend. :)

Yes....pics would be great :) Nicole what is a puppy plush brush?

Kathy, Plush puppy is a brand they have brushes as well as shampoos, sprays etc. The pin brush is good, I have tried one, a friend has a couple of them, my handler has one as well. They are pretty good and last. My handler uses a couple if the sprays as well, she likes them. If you google plush puppies you can find their website. I have a greyhound brush that I really like.

Ty Nicole...I will check it out,I thought by the name plush puppy it might be a special gentle brush for the pups :)

Your welcome Kathy. The brushes last, my friend has one she has had for a few years.

Last edited:
Back