Homemade Doggy Shampoo

Wow Linny
That shampoo must be remarkable judging from the pictures! I bet it would work great for Hannah or Dylan & Riley or any other parti or mostly white cocker!

I'll stick to my crown shampoo...^_^

That'll save a lot of money although it sounds potent with 2 cups of vinegar.

Vinegar has awesome powers. It can clean things well, it can heal things too -- and internally it works just as well. Some dog people add a dash of vinegar to their dogs water or food.

It's a gallon size jug that you make, so it all evens out.

I've made gallons of this stuff and it works well.

http://www.bichonfriseusa.com/ivoryshampoo.htm

Im going to try that ...I just paid 8 bucks for a small *12oz of whitening shampoo...

I know the old style ivory liq used to whiten coats then they changed it to the 'clear' ivory...I will have to try this. Manuel the vineger prob balanced the ph and when added to a gallon of water it is sufficiently diluted where it wont smell...glycerin helps it bubble up! Thanks for posting that!!

They don't have to be white to use this :p: I have used it on all sorts of dogs and the glycerin helps keep the fur soft.

I do use the Dove soap though.

It's like any other shampoo when it comes to flea treatments, although, we use Frontline spray and don't shampoo 48 before or after a treatment.

Vinegar helps to heal bad skin too -- awesome stuff.

Ok so they might smell a little bit like an italian salad dressing, but you can mask that with a nice spritz of crown royale finishing spray.

Hmm Linny.. do you use this instead of Crown Royale? I wonder if it would be better for my Pepper.. I know he has a couple spots that I'm treating with collodial silver now.. but I wonder if this would be better than crown?

I might have to give that a try. It might keep Dylan's and Riley's coats black and white instead of black and gray.

Karen
Your boys always look wonderful! But, I was thinking of you and Anita when Linny posted the formula.

Karen
Your boys always look wonderful! But, I was thinking of you and Anita when Linny posted the formula.

Thank you Polly but since I walk them a lot, Dyln and Riley start out black and white and get more black and gray the closer they get to bath time. I try to keep them brushed so that helps some but the gray still comes.

Thank you Polly but since I walk them a lot, Dyln and Riley start out black and white and get more black and gray the closer they get to bath time. I try to keep them brushed so that helps some but the gray still comes.

Add Zoe to that list...I wonder if the vinegar would hurt her where the skin is so irratated from the staph?

We use apple cider vinegar here (also known as ACV).. and it helps to heal the skin.

Wow Linny! Maybe I will have to buy some ACV and make the shampoo especially for Pep!^_^

I keep the gallon jug on the shelf in grooming area, but fill a smaller bottle for use when I give baths. Just easier to handle that way. If you have an old shampoo bottle, that will work,

but you would use about the same or actually a little more than normal doggy shampoo, as it is diluted.

I would take an old shampoo bottle, or a water bottle with a "sport spout" (the kind that you pop the top and suck the water through) . . . that's what I use for dog shampoo. It's easier to manage than trying to pour from a gallon jug all the time.

I am learning so much from all of you. I just got the things to make the ear wash, now I'm excited to try this. Thanks for all the wonderful advice.

Back