Hoshi saw possums in the back yard

I’m glad you were out there with Hoshi and that he wasn’t hurt. Actually both the possums and Hoshi look happy to meet each other.

I know nothing about possums, Are they dangerous to pets, they don't seem too concerned.

They're timid creatures. They'd only bite in defense. They're messy though. One got in the garage and chewed up a bag of grass seed.

I know that they eat ticks, fleas and other nasties. We have them here but never see them.

I know nothing about possums, Are they dangerous to pets, they don't seem too concerned.

It depends on what your pet is. They will kill and eat chickens. They will also eat the eggs. If you have horses, they can pass along a disease called EPM.

On the plus side, it's very rare for one to get rabies.

Must be the time of year. A few days ago Princess cornered one in the yard. It sat on the top of the fence and basically laughed at her. We had to go and physically grab her to bring her inside.

Then this am, we had ducks in the yard. 1 was in the pool the other one was sunning it self I was in the bathroom trying to figure out whether to let the dogs out and the Possum strolls through the back of the yard. It glances at the ducks who glare at him and then move to the center of the pool and it continues on its merry way. I let Teddy out to hopefully annoy the ducks into leaving. Princess was going completely nutty so I had my daughter take her out on leash in the front yard. I WISH I had video of it all. :)

Back