Joint food?

Amanda

Owned by
3 cockers
Does anyone feed a specific joint formula? My vet has suggested I feed Reagan one of the Rx joint diets (science diet, purina or royal canin). I have started comparing some non prescription joint diets in an effort to find better ingredients. I know what to look for in dog food, but was wondering if anyone had a joint food they have used and would recommend.

She will remain on all the supplements regardless of what she eats just trying to do everything I can for her.

Thanks.

Ok,

I know you didn't mean it this way but,

back THEN, it was Ben & Jerrys Chunky Monkey or Cherries Garcia, chips, and pretzels :p

OH that kind of joint food, ok, no I don't do prescription diets, I would just use supplements like MSN, Gluc, shark, etc.

Ok,

I know you didn't mean it this way but,

back THEN, it was Ben & Jerrys Chunky Monkey or Cherries Garcia, chips, and pretzels :p

OH that kind of joint food, ok, no I don't do prescription diets, I would just use supplements like MSN, Gluc, shark, etc.

:lol::lol:

Amanda, I would do as Linny said, feed your usual really good food and then the joint supplements, also an omega 3 or omega 3,6,9 also.

I get the Gluc from the vet. The each get half a beef flavored tablet and the bottle lasts about half a year so it's not that much.

The vet wanted her on the joint food in addition to her supplements. She is already on all the recommended supplements except she doesn't get any of the shark chew treats. (Cosequin DS, TrixSyn (HA), MSM, Fish oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin E)

I kinda like the Breeder's Choice Healthy Joints Lamb, but has more rice than lamb. Right now she eats grain-free.

Amanda... I agree with the others and just stick with grain free food and give the supplements yourself. I'm not sure how much of the joint supplement they add to the food, but it probably isnt enough to really make a difference, but instead just enough for them to advertise that it's in there.

I wouldn't feed that food - it's full of garbage. I feed Farley regular food (grain-free) and I give him Animal Naturals Joint Strong, which is an amazing product. He does VERY well on it.

I wouldn't feed that food - it's full of garbage. I feed Farley regular food (grain-free) and I give him Animal Naturals Joint Strong, which is an amazing product. He does VERY well on it.

Kelly.... I'm going to give this a try for Kyle, so I just ordered the 9.6 oz. bottle. How long should that last? He's on gluc now, and it seems to help him, but this sounds like it might be better for him.

I am going to consider the Animal Naturals Joint Strong. It has the hyaluronic acid in it I am supplementing separately, but it is a lower dose than what she gets now.

If we knew what was wrong with her it would be much easier. She was already on all the supplements when this happened so part of me says I should try to find a joint food to help. I have read some reviews that sound so good, but the ingredients are so bad in the ones I have found. Maybe it is time for me to go raw.

Kelly.... I'm going to give this a try for Kyle, so I just ordered the 9.6 oz. bottle. How long should that last? He's on gluc now, and it seems to help him, but this sounds like it might be better for him.

It looks like it should last about a month according to one place I looked at. It has 30 servings and the 2 pound has 100.

Since I need to order more supplements I think I will give this a try for Reagan and Gretchen. I have 4 on joint supplements, but Presley and Taxi get Cosequin right now.

Last edited:
The Joint Strong is awesome stuff . . . I have a 2 pound container, and it lasts me about 3 months or so. He gets it every evening in his supper, and I add warm water to make it like a gravy. I've tried so many products, and this one has been the best by far.

I got the bottle of Joint Strong today. I ordered it on the 12th, so they didnt mess around. It got here in 2 days. I got it here.. www.K9power.com.
I priced it on Amazon, and its the same, so I will continue to get it from these people. So far, Kyle likes it, and he's the slow eater around here. Not tonight.. he ate fast and licked his bowl clean. Giving some to Bear too, since he's the senior man around here. He inhaled his dinner right up too. :)
I took a little taste and it's pretty good. Maybe sprinkle a little on some ice cream... lol

Glad he likes it. Mine should be here tomorrow I think; I ordered from healthypets, because I needed some other stuff too. Got 6% off since I spent enough money and free shipping.

Back