rescue Meet Sparky my new foster

Cockers4Ever

Owned by
2 cockers
We've had him for a month now. If anyone remembers, I was trying to figure out if I should get another dog via rescue or a well bred puppy and sadly I used thoughtless words and hurt some feelings here. (which still weighs heavily on my mind since it was unintentional :() Well, dh decided we shouldnt get another dog till we had a job so I offered to step up volunteering for my local cocker rescue and I got a call a few weeks later asking if we were up for fostering.

He's a year, very undersocialized, wasnt housebroken, had never been groomed, has NO House manners - steals food right from the kids' plates while they're at the table, jumps baby gates, is mouthy etc.

But boy is he sweet! and playful! He's now housebroken, fairly trustworthy in the house, getting less jumpy and will play with my kids all.day.long! Teddy is NOT impressed so he's definitely not staying but we're having a good time with him while he's here.

Looking at this pic, I realize I need to take a new one since his fur is growing in and he looks more like a cocker than a schnauzer with his hair trimmed better but this is what I have right now!

sparky.jpgIf anyone in New England is looking he's going to make the right family an outstanding dog!

Oh he is cute....look at those eyes. Thanks for fostering him so that he gets a chance for a great forever home.

Sparky is a beautiful boy....very rewarding to foster a dog,thank you,as all your hard work will ensure he will have a happy forever home soon.

I am highly impressed by your patience and willingness to give him up after ALL that. Much respect and admiration!

I am highly impressed by your patience and willingness to give him up after ALL that. Much respect and admiration!

Oh definitely dont be! He's a fabulous dog. And prekids, he never would have left my house. But he's not right for us right now. He and teddy dont get along and he just needs a little more than I can give on a permanant basis right now.

BUT.... I have fabulous news. Sparky has a new home!!! He hasnt gone there yet b/c its a little complicated w/me being on vacation, but as soon as I get back, I'm taking him to VT. He's going to a GREAT home!! Keeping my paws crossed that he'll get along with their sr cocker b/c thats the only problem I might envision.

The new home already has lined up daycare, a trainer, a house sitter etc. And he doesnt go for 2 more weeks! :)

Good work! So glad you were able to help him heal/grow until he found his forever home!

Back