Moistening food

Broadbill

Owned by
1 cocker
When do you stop moistening the puppy kibble? Buster is kinda finicky and seems to take forever to eat. He eats a little more readily when it's moistened but I have to throw out the leftovers. I can't bear to give him the same stuff 6hrs later. He's almost 4 months now. Is this just how he eats or is he having trouble? I'm used to my Lab that just devours anything. Of course Buster has no trouble stealing the Labs adult food!!

Frank

Frank, I don't give kibble so I guess I'm not a good one to answer. Mine all eat puppy stew. We homecook for them. They all eat within a couple of minutes LOL.. I will say it took Stormy awhile to grow to like it, now he eats just as fast as the others:)

Frank, I would think its ok for him to start eating dry food now. His teeth should be in, and it'll be fine for him to crunch away.

I figured he was ready but I guess there's no rush. He seems to prefer it moist and warm.

Frank

I think Gabby was 6wks old when we brought him home. Our breeder told us to feed him dry Pro Plan. Gabby didn't seem to have any problems with it.

I never moistened Annie's food. It always gave her bad gas...so she always got dry. Of course every once in a great while daddy adds some scrambled egg crumbs to her food when he makes a big breakfast. But it is rare.

We got Coco at 8 weeks and he was already on Eukanuba for puppies. Its a bit smaller then adult food. I get the one for medium sized dogs. Was told go by how big they will be when they are adults. Coco seems to like it.

Back