More Advice Needed for Riley

Grabbing at straws here. Have you maybe changed your perfume or body lotion? If he snuggles on you that might cause an allergic reaction. Air freshener change (thinking something sprayed in the air that might settle on bedding and floors)?

Hope it is all better soon no matter what caused it.

No air freshener, can't wear perfume or scented body lotion. No smell-ables allowed on my job and I've become very sensitive to them. I'm using the same body lotion I've used for years.

Well, that certainly cleared things up...NOT. Poor Riley, have you noticed an improvement at all since you started using the original meds? You might be on to something with the yard idea. Is it a fungal thing? They did a punch right? Did they do a c/s test?

Good thoughts to you both...

Hey, here's a thought. Is it possible that Riley got bit by something when he was laying in the grass? Ants?

The vet doesn't think ants or bites. He did say that we always have the most interesting problems...

The punch test was evaluated by, according to the vet, one of the most prominent veterinary pathologists dermatologists in the country. The vet summarized it for me and then I got a copy of the report and read it to Lauren. She translated it for me.

Oh Karen
Poor Riley and, poor you. I sure do hope and pray that it is an allergic reaction, and not lymphoma, and you may never know what caused it. I know that as they age, their immunes go down and it's harder to fight things. We will sure keep Riley in our cocker prayers.

Talk about not knowing any more than you did before you got the test results! I wonder if Riley's immune system in general is just weaker, and that allowed for an allergic reaction that he wouldn't normally get? Whatever it is, I hope it's just a freak thing, and that the meds help him feel better.

Talk about not knowing any more than you did before you got the test results! I wonder if Riley's immune system in general is just weaker, and that allowed for an allergic reaction that he wouldn't normally get? Whatever it is, I hope it's just a freak thing, and that the meds help him feel better.

I'm hoping for that also. The vet does think that Riley's immune system, and system in general, is just weakened by everything he's been through in the last few months. He and the dermitological vet think Riley's body just threw every kind of white blood cell it had at the irritation.

Back