Post Neutering

rspeaker

Owned by
2 cockers
This may sound like an odd question but has anyone had a dog "calm down" TOO much after being neutered? Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since the surgery. Bailey's activity level outdoors is good, he still loves to run around the yard; his appetite is good; he likes to go for walks and car rides, and he still likes to sit and look out the front door. But for some reason he seems to have little to no desire to play inside. If someone comes to the door, or the UPS truck goes up the street, he still gets all excited. In most aspects he is the same as before. But before the surgery he would drag 3, 4, 5 or more toys out of his basket and bring them to me to toss for him to either catch or retrieve. Now, I have trouble even initiating playtime, even if I get down on the floor with him. It seems like once he comes inside, he either heads for the back of the sofa or the floor by my feet, and zonks out.

We are definitely glad the humping and the picking on Precious has stopped but I'm actually beginning to miss playtime :)

Sounds more like he's just growing up a little bit -- he'll get back in to playing I think.

Perhaps use some treats as incentive.

Seriously? I'd be okay with that :) Sounds like maturity more than anything else.

Cool, that's actually what I was hoping was going on since he's coming up on 2 yrs old quickly. Just was a little coincidental in the timing with the neutering and all. Last week for the first time ever he curled up beside me on the couch and went to sleep with his head against my leg.

I'm sure glad everything is okay with Bailey Roy. I'm not the SME here since most of my dogs have come to me already neutered and I have never had a very young puppy. Sounds like Bailey is doing just fine!^_^

Back