Product advice from UK

Shazpierre

Owned by
1 cocker
Hey guys, I'm big on natural products for me and I'm wondering is there is a natural shampoo that I could make for my English cocker pup? I don't like smelly dogs, so I'm washing her every two-three days, but I think I could wash her once a week if there is something more natural and good for her skin and coat. I've been reading up on Neam oil as part of the ingredients, but people use things like dish washing liquid...(not sure about that) Any help would be appreciated.

Please start your own thread in the future. It'll make it easier for others to find. Also mention that you're from the UK since we are not familiar with your grooming products.

I used to use Dawn dish soap, and there isn't anything wrong with that. Right now though I'm in love with Burt's Bees shampoo for dogs. It's a very simple list of ingredients that includes apple cider vinegar. There's no real smell to it but it keeps the dogs smelling clean.

I wouldn't recommend baths every 2-3 days that can dry out their skin or cause other problems.

Barring having rolled in something nasty, imo there is no reason why a dog would need to be bathed every 2-3 days. If your dog really smells that quickly, then I'd look into potential health issues - yeast in ears or feet will cause a stinky dog as will poor oral health.

If you're looking for the dog to have that 'freshly washed scent' there are a number of coat conditioners you can spritz on or even doggie perfume without having to bathe the whole dog. Frequent brushing will also help the dog stay fresh and clean and keep the coat healthy.

Welcome to the group!

Back