Repeated swallowing

Amanda

Owned by
3 cockers
I have noticed Reagan repeatedly swallowing and licking her lips usually shortly after eating her dinner. She has an ear infection which she has seen the vet four times for in the past couple of weeks. Could this be related to her ear infection? She goes back to the vet next week again and I am calling them on Monday. She had tonsillitis when I got her, so I am going to have them check her throat next week.

Any ideas?

By the way, her limping is getting better. She isn't 100%, but is noticeably better. So hopefully she was just sore from playing and swimming. Thanks for the good thoughts.

When Gabby is nauseous he does a lot of licking usually right after eating something that didn't agree with him. Sometimes he'll end up vomiting. Giving him a 10mg of Pepcid helps.

I'm glad her limping has improved.

She has never thrown up afterwards, but has thrown up the yellow bile from time to time. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was looking it up and found that dogs can get heartburn. I had never thought of this before, so I will ask my vet about it too.

She has never thrown up afterwards, but has thrown up the yellow bile from time to time. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was looking it up and found that dogs can get heartburn. I had never thought of this before, so I will ask my vet about it too.

Does she throw up the yellow bile before eating? Sometimes that is an empty tummy thing. We give cookies right before bedtime (only little ones ;)) to stave off the starvation that Maggie is sure is happening during the night.

Back