Teeth

member 23

Owned by
1 cocker
I don't know if this really fits into grooming, buuuut.... After a thread in the rescue board I was wondering about Kaylee's teeth. She does have tartar building up... What could I do? Take her in for a dental cleaning maybe? How much would that cost? :(

I've always thought about brushing her teeth, but it seems every time I think of it I don't have any money... and the one time I've seen a doggy tooth brush I had no money on me at the time... I don't know what good that would do at this point? She's 2 years old...

Help! :huh:

Give bully stix, bones, hooves and instead of a toothbrush, use a piece of a washrag with some doggy toothpaste on it. We like the ones with enzymes, and rub across teeth And gums. Can also add the toothpaste to her bonies ours like poultry flavor. There are other products you can add to the water bowl
or spray on. Most times I use my thumb nail to chip it off at gum
level.

chip

They also make thingys that fit on your finger - kinda like the rubber thing you use to sort papers. Don't know how well those work though. I like the stuff you squirt/spray in their mouth.

I use an infant toothbrush. They are really soft. I use the chicken enzime toothpaste also, and I spray once a week with the tooth spray. I also buy the water addition at my work.

Chewing works best for them here. Kyle is a heavy chewer.... he loves to get a good chew going on beef shin bones everyday, and even though he's almost 11 years old, his teeth are still puppy white. Not a speck of tarter on em. The others here dont chew as much, and their teeth are still ok... just mild tarter, so started the Petzlife spray to see if it keeps the tarter at bay. And that rhymes too.

Well, Kaylee LOVES bully's.. I usually have them for her but right now we are out. I was going to order some more after we get moved! They are cheaper in bulk online...

I'd definitely try brushing her teeth, the only time I had to take my cocker to the vet for an operation was for tartar build up, he had to get his teeth scraped and 2 teeth out.
I used the little finger toothbrush things you can buy but it was probably too late then! Unfortunately Ben didn't really like to chew much which didn't help.
You never know Kaylee might like it!

I use PetzLife gel - just started - so hopefully that works. For my two younger dogs, they enjoy chewing, so their teeth are clean.

I use a Triple Pet toothbrush for my guys - it has three heads, so all of the surfaces of the teeth get cleaned at the same time. It cuts down on brushing time.

I use a Triple Pet toothbrush for my guys - it has three heads, so all of the surfaces of the teeth get cleaned at the same time. It cuts down on brushing time.

LOL, no kidding...I have been brushng Maggies teeth for a long time and it still looks like a rodeo when I brush her teeth. She tkinks that it is very undignified to have her teeth brushed...I bought this tooth brush too and it does help.

LOL, no kidding...I have been brushng Maggies teeth for a long time and it still looks like a rodeo when I brush her teeth. She tkinks that it is very undignified to have her teeth brushed...I bought this tooth brush too and it does help.

Wow I'll have to look for it. Mine don't mind the toofee brushing at all, they like it better then the PetzLife LOL.. especially Stormy.

Oh I know DJ. Farley's been getting his teeth done off and on for years . . . and he still looks like I'm coming at him with a billy club or a knife. He HATES it too.

I trained mine to get on the toilet -- lid down, and get up there while I brush my teeth. Then, I do them, it's like a game. They think it's fun and always want sink water slurpies.

I like that design. I'll look for one next time i'm at the pet store.

I'm going to try the toothbrush with Dylan. Riley never has let me near his mouth. He's embarassed by his bad teeth.

Back