teething pain

Lisa NTx

Owned by
1 cocker
Sami is getting her adult teeth, and her gums are HUGE!! Is there anything I can put on them because she isn't eating alot lately. None of my other cockers have had their gums swell like this! Ouchie!! Poor sami.:(

I would soften her food so it wouldn't hurt so bad to eat. I also get teething toys, freeze wet washcloths, etc to help soothe.

sometimes new teeth will come in while the baby tooth is still there. Might want to have the vet take a look, and see if any need pulling.

I do the "Chilly Bone" which you wet and toss in freezer, but have also done an old washrag tied in a knot and wet down and frozen. Just have to make sure they don't chew off bits and eat it.

Most times though, I just give them a bully stick and let the old teeth fall out and let them gum the bully so it stimulates gums and lets new ones come in.

Makes me want to whip out the ambesol ? but not sure if that's ok or not. Have been tempted.

Poor baby.. sorry, I don't have experience with pups, all mine have been grown when I get them.

Sami's gums must feel better!

Sami's gums are better today, the frozen things you suggested helped, and she ate all her food tonight after I put chicken broth on it.:w00t: I'll have to get some more Bully sticks cuz she loves them:wub:

Back