Trimming black nails

Have you been able to find out what your coworker bought? Would love a product review!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I have two black dogs with black nails. I used to be so afraid of making them bleed, I'd almost be sick just thinking of cutting them. That's all I did was think about it...took them to the lady that used to groom my dogs. I would groom my dogs, but not do nails. Robin gave me the courage to just DO IT! I've made Suzie and MiMi bleed but LadyBug hasn't. Her nails are brittle and theirs are not. I try to do nails when I give a bath and I use a dremel after I cut them. The younger two are good about their nails, but LadyBug is a mess....I know it is because I was so scared of it. I only had Molly Bee, LadyBug and Suzie when I started cutting nails....Molly and LadyBug never did bleed, but the first nail I cut on Suzie bled. I about had a stroke....but we were both still breathing so I thought....oh well....guess it happens. I've made MiMi bleed to. I just get out the "stuff" for bleeding nails when I get the tool and don't look back. I know I wouldn't have the nerve to cut someone else's dog though...

I finally found the name of the product! It's called Quick See. It's a purple sticky strip that you put on the dog's nail, and the strip will turn white where the quick is!

My co-worker just got some sort of product that you stick on the nail and within a few seconds, it changes colour where the quick is. I have no idea what it's called or how it works, but she used it to trim her dog's one black nail and it worked! I have to find out what it is.

WOW! I would like to know this, too! My Casper is a black Cocker. Therefore, his nails are all-black and I'm scared to do his nails. I have to get used to doing it to save on the grooming fees, though.

*EDIT*

Messyhair, thanks for posting this! LOL! If I had finished reading the rest of the posts, I would have seen this! ROFL!

"I finally found the name of the product! It's called Quick See. It's a purple sticky strip that you put on the dog's nail, and the strip will turn white where the quick is!"<---(posted by Messyhair)

Last edited:
I lucked out my black mismark girl has one black toe on each foot, I just trim the one around it and then try to take the same off the black nail. I have never quicked her.

I'm still wildly curious to try it, although it seems like it might be tricky on a furry cocker foot. Cordelia yelps each and every time, and I've never quicked her. But she's kind of a drama queen.

this is a great idea, my dogs chamsy is afraid whenever I cut her nails :D

Back