Trying a new food

Amanda

Owned by
3 cockers
I have always been interested in raw feeding, but have never tried it. I was always worried about the mess. I have decided to give a modified diet a try. Going to start off with just Reagan and maybe Presley. (I don't have enough freezer space and don't want to buy a chest freezer until I know if we are going to stick with this). Anyways I am using The Honest Kitchen dehydrated mix "Preference" as a base and adding raw meat. It is grain free, and has all the vitamins and stuff added to balance the raw diet.

The food looks interesting to say the least. The smell is not very appealing and the color is green. Last night I fixed some for Reagan to try. She nibbled on it, but wasn't very impressed. This morning I gave her a little more, and she cleaned her bowl. :)

Good luck. I was fixing chicken livers once for my boys and someone asked me why I cooked them since "it's better for them raw". Well - I tossed some raw livers on the floor for them the next time and they just looked at me like I had lost the last speck of brain cell I had. NO ONE ate it! Today - as I'm concocting their stew - I WISH I could just hand them the ingredients and say HERE'S SUPPER! Course if Oliber and Annie would come over I'm sure they could cook it up waaaay better than me! ^_^

Let us know how it turns out. I'm half way curious about trying a raw diet. Sharon, my mom always fed her cats chicken livers--cooked just a little bit bloody. Gabby loves them too. He'll stand by the stove waiting for them to be ready. I haven't made them in a long time because they give him loose stools. I just might buy some and give him a little as a treat.

I would LOVE to feed Honest Kitchen food to my guys . . . but I can't get it without paying huge amounts for shipping. Sigh. It looks like a really good quality food.

I fed a raw diet for years, and my dogs did fabulously well on it. I quit feeding it when I moved back home and couldn't find a good supplier. I'd love to have my dogs on raw, as I think it really is the healthiest diet. But for now, they're on the best kibble I can find.

Mine love the raw diets out there. Our pet pantry has a few different brands and some I can nuke just a little bit for fussier dogs.

Ours go bonkers waiting for it to re-hydrate.

Hope they do well, Honest Kitchen has some great ingredients.

Back