vomiting and water

sandcastle97

Owned by
1 cocker
Sometimes in the morning when we give Renie water he'll spit it right back up. This only happens first thing in the morning. It's all water, no food from the night before comes back up. Is this just from drinking too fast or should I be more worried? I do find if we only give him an inch of water and mix ice cubes in to slow him down it doesn't happen. It's when he has a full bowl and goes at it. The funny thing is the rest of the day he's fine with a full bowl of water.

It's just from drinking too much, too fast. Jack Jack does that quite often after I get home from work. He's all excited that I'm home, and takes a huge drink, then pukes it all up.

I'm sure what Kelly says is true. I have never had that exact problem, just sometimes a little bile when empty tummies react. But, if you are concerned, you would always ask your vet on your next visit.^_^

Mine do that on occasion too. Lacey especially. She'll get all excited, and drink ALL that delicious water before anyone else can have any, then puke it up immediately. Sigh....

If he is going all night without water and then sucks up a bunch it will come back up...my daughters boy does this. So she picks the water up at night and in the morning she only puts a little in the bottom of his dish so he can not chug it up and slows him down....no more urps in the morning.

Thanks everyone! He was just at the vets in June. It is one thing I totally forgot to ask. I'm going to have to start writing things down.
I figured I'd start with all of you and then give him a call.

The ice cubes work really well. I do have to start taking up the water at night before we go to bed. When I don't those are the mornings we have problems.

Back