What do I tell the groomer I want?

Scots

Owned by
1 cocker
Bandy has been to the groomer two or three times and never really looks very "cockery to me" not that I could tell you what that means to me. I like her to have fluffy legs and ears, but otherwise look well kept and easy to brush. We live in Canada and it's cold right now, so I guess she needs some fur to keep up her beloved romps in the snow. Kelly, I know you live in Canada, too. To get the general cocker look, but still easy to maintain, what do I tell the groomer I want with her? I'm really rather clueless. Right now, though, Brandy looks like a big ol fur ball. Help? Kelly?

imagejpeg

Thanks!

Last edited:
What I would do is ask for the breed standard but with all the long parts ask for them to be shorter so snow doesn't get stuck in them as bad. But whatever you do, go to a specialty groomer, so anywhere but petsmart or petco. I took Sadie there and asked for the breed standard and she came back with no fur except on her legs, paws, tail, and head and ears, but even those parts had very little hair. Good luck!

Print out some pictures of cockers you like, and take them in to your groomer. It really does help. I usually groom my two dogs myself, but they look so much prettier when I take them into the professional!

Yes, I like Deborah's suggestions, I would take pictures of the cockers that you like.

I took Sadie there and asked for the breed standard and she came back with no fur except on her legs, paws, tail, and head and ears, but even those parts had very little hair. Good luck!
Poor Sadie.

Yep Manuel. She hid for two days under a table. But now she has her fur back and looks better

Yes, pictures help a LOT especially if the groomer doesn't know the right questions to ask or is inexperienced.

Back