what kind of dryer

DJ's Three

Owned by
1 cocker
OK placed an order for new clippers...but would like a dryer...any suggestions? I am only doing my own three dogs but don't want to continue to use my hair dryer...

Also wanted to thank everyone for their help in the clipper department.

DJ, are your girls in long coat or short coat? That makes a difference, IMHO.

For long-coated dogs, you should consider investing in a stand dryer. It doesn't blow air with as much force as the blasters do, but it also is much less likely to tangle the coat. I have an Edemco F7001 or something like that - not cheap, but excellent. Variable air flow as well as variable heat. The other one I'd buy is the DoubleK dryer (blue in colour), but it wasn't available to be shipped to me when I was shopping.

For short-coated dogs, a blaster blows air at high velocity, but the water just rolls off the coat. DoubleK makes a good blaster (Challengair II), which isn't cheap, but works well.

DJ don't laugh
But I use a human blow dryer. Believe me! A dryer will be my next purchase! I bought a very cheap metro dryer at one time, I had Pepper in full coat, it was shaped like a dog house, was the cheapest thing ever. I don't even use a blow dryer on my own hair, (it's long) LOLOL, now it takes me about 45 minutes to dry each one. Just my boys have longer feathers on their legs, I don't like a skirt.^_^

OK placed an order for new clippers...but would like a dryer...any suggestions? I am only doing my own three dogs but don't want to continue to use my hair dryer...

Also wanted to thank everyone for their help in the clipper department.

well there are several types...stand dryer, air force dryer?

I just used a canister type at my friends grooming it was GREAT it would blow the water OFF of that thick cocker hair...it was dark blue...can't remember the name but I will find out if you want me to. I used to use the Metro Air Force but I think the blue one is in my future!

I use the Metro Air Force, and although it sounds like an F-16 on takeoff, it works well for me. It blows cool air so their coats are nice and soft when they're dry. Some of mine hate the thing though. Its LOUD.

right now the girls are in a shorter cut, about two inches on the legs of Maggie and Hannah. Zoe' is currently still very short, almost OK OK she is lamb short. I am hoping that as her skin inproves we will get back to a longer coat on all of them.

I do currently use a hairdryer for humans on them but I don't like to use it as it takes so long and gets too hot for longer coats. I think that a stand dryer or a cannister one that the hose can be clipped to table.

Thanks agains everyone...off to look up the suggestions

Back