Worms?

Valerie B

Owned by
1 cocker
Scarlett has her next vet appt. tomorrow for more vaccines. She was given a dewormer last time and the past week or so I have noticed them in her poop (dead). This morning I got up and found a worm on the floor by itself and what looked like clear diarrhea with worms in it. Is this normal? Im going to talk to the vet about it tomorrow.

I think that is normal. I was horrified the first time my mom dewormed one of our family pets because of what was left behind in the poo. :x

I'd call and maybe get a sample. Never can be too careful when it comes to the furbabies.

I don't know, I have never had to go through that experience but I would check and take a sample in to make sure you are getting the job done

Valerie, I would also think about bringing in a stool sample. Scarlett is at the age where worming is usually done I think. I'm sure Robin and others will have more info for you.

Not a clue, but that would make me want to puke. I'm just sayin' . . . .

I just got my computer back, its been in the shop. Scarlett is fine. The vet said it was nothing to worry about and she is now 8 lbs!!! Also as spoiled as ever :)

Glad to hear everything turned out ok, I would puke and pass out if I found those in Tasha, I'm taking Tasha to vet for check up next week, I'll ask my vet about this!

Gizmo had a tapeworm this past weekend. he pooped and i saw the short, flat thing moving around, ewwwww! So of course I looked it up online and called the vet. He didnt even need to see Gizzy. He went by my description and the fact that I was able to catch it right away. so he described a prescription. Gizmo had to take two and a half pills on friday and he will take the other two and a half in 2 weeks.

The next few poops after he took the pill were loose/diarrhea, and yea you could still see the worms. dead of course. Now his poop is back to normal, however I still keep an eye on it.
The vet said he got the worm from ingesting either a rodent with a worm(egg) or a flea. I'm absolutely sure it was a flea since he had them and would scratch and gnaw at them. I'm just glad my buddy is ok.

btw he is now 8 months old and 22.4lbs. :)

I've heard they get tape worms with heavy flea infestations. I hate fleas! Poor Gizmo and poor you! You've had enough bad experiences. :(

Yea I know! Gizmo has to be sick of itching. Luckily he doesn't do it as much. Just ready for this to be over.

Back