Worried: Hufing and Puffing

saw the vet. It's kennel cough. At first I didn't think about that because she wasn't hacking or throwing up. but the vet said we caught it early! she hadn't been around other dogs lately, but the vet said it could be hanging around at the dog park at our apartment complex even if the dogs weren't physically there. so she got an antibiotic shot and have some pills for coughing. She did check her heart and said that her heart looked GREAT! the vet was actually really excited for us that other than this cough she is very healthy! Even said her ears look great ( I always do a sigh of relief for any of the typical cocker health problems and she comes out clean) I picked up a newish dog food. I've been feeding her 4health salmon and sweet potato it was gluten, corn and soy free. now they have a 100% grain free. so i picked that up and switched to beef and potato. mixed it in with her food when we got home...she dropped any of the old food out of her bowl and just ate the new stuff!
View attachment 8040
Now she is curdled up at my feet sleeping. Thanks y'all!!

Farley caught Kennel Cough last fall. Don't know where either. He had been vaccinated for it. If your dog has had kennel cough vaccine and it catches kennel cough the vaccine company will pay for the cost of the treatment. Don't know if you or your vet knew that.

So glad that it's something so treatable! :D

Didn't know about the refund, either. That's a handy one to file.

Glad it's so treatable; almost all my shelter dogs/cats I've adopted have had kennel cough.

I sympathize as someone who hasn't been feeling her best either! Poor baby, but it could have been something much more serious.

My boy is 28 lbs, he's an american and stands 16 inches at the shoulders. At his latest check up his vet said his weight was good and he's fed a total of a cup to 1 and a quarter depending on the day. If we're training he gets less to compensate for the training treats. I'm not sure who said it, but it also depends on what you're feeding as I've found most bags will tell you to feed double the ideal amount for healthy weight management.

That's a reasonable weight/height ratio. He'd be a giant compared to my little Artemis who is barely 12in at her shoulder! She was the runt of her litter though.

[/QUOTE]That's a reasonable weight/height ratio. He'd be a giant compared to my little Artemis who is barely 12in at her shoulder! She was the runt of her litter though.[/QUOTE]

Wow she's tiny, compared to Chex who's 14 inches and 18.ish lbs ya he's my frankenbeast lol but he's my baby.

Back