Yeast infection on skin

tmrbnkff

My nine year old female has a yeast infection on her skin. The vet has me giving her a medicated bath once a week. It seemed to help at first but now it is coming back in spots again. She goes to the groomer weekly. Has anyone else dealt with this problem:(

Yeast infections can be common, unfortunately. What type of food is she on? If she is not in grain free, I would put her on a grain free food. Also watch the starches, like potatoes, several ingredients in the foods can " breed yeast". Add an omega 3 fatty acid, I use coconut oil for mine, they get it at night. In the AM they get sardine/ anchovy oil. Watch the treats as well. Many treats have wheat or other grains in them. I make my own treats using chickpea and coconut flour. Good luck.

I'm dealing with it now and in my experience none the methods used by conventional vets work. My dog had a minor issue, but the antibiotics and steroids prescribed by one vet after the other turned it into a full blown condition which I have been dealing with for months. I also tried the medicated shampoos, Nizarol, etc. to no avail. I have changed his diet to raw which improved his condition. Also, I'm using healthy skin supplements from Nzymes. He got better for a while and then he had a flare up that still hasn't gone away. I'm told it's the sign of his body going through detox, but I'm gonna check his thyroid to make sure there is nothing wrong there. I would recommend raw or carb free diet.

So upset I changed to the Blue dog line, giving her salmon oil in her food and medicated baths weekly! Please help any advice?

Where is the yeast? One of my dogs can get it between his toes. I try hard to keep the area dry and that helps.

Good that you are giving a source of omega 3. Read the label see if the food has potatoes in it. Many foods contain them, they will breed yeast. Is blue grain free? If not I would switch to grain free. Good that you are bathing weekly.

Back