Your driving me nuts-0

Anita

Owned by
1 cocker
Well Hannah has a friend living under our deck and the deck is in cluded in her fenced in space.
It is (0) this morning and she did not want to come in as to the bunny had left his tracks and smell in the little area we shovel for her to do her business.
Hoe the bunny has gotten in we don;t know as there is so much snow the fenced is about 1-2 feet burried in the white stuff.
I have put some apple chunks out side of the fence hopeing to lur it out but not yet!!

I will try to get some pictures of this NUTS-O Hannah doing her hunting later.
Anita

Just wait till Hannah actually sees her! She'll really go bananas then. I imagine you have more bunnies out in the country than we do. We have quite a few too, mostly in spring. Right now we have a hawk that eats his supper in our backyard. He eats pigeons from the feeder next door. He leaves all sort of tidbits for Gabby to scavenge though. :x

Poor Hannah . . . she just wants to meet the bunny and play. That smell would drive my guys nuts too. We have a squirrel that lives in our neighbour's shed, and he's always teasing the dogs and making them nuts.

Hannah the Huntress :p
Oh boy can I relate! Since we live in the forest, we have had everything from fox to rats big enough to saddle and ride up here. The dogs do go nuts!

Oh my Polly that sounds scarry~~~

I don't let Hannah out with out watching her after the scare I had two summers ago with a Coon that we think was sick sitting on our picnic table on the deck at 9am in the morning.
I let Hannah out and she started barking for which she is not a barker by no means.
I went to see what was going on thinking she had a bug or something.
There was that Coon. THanks God the dang thing did not jump on her .
I called to Joe~~ GET THE GUN!!! GET THE GUN!!!! He is kinda hard of hearing and said WHAT???? I thought OMG get some hearing aids :mad:

Well I shuffeled Hannah in side real fast and dad did away with the critter real fast after he knew what I had said.
We think the Coon was sick..

Once Hannah got a Squarrel by the tail that was crawling on the rail of the deck. Thank God it did not turn around and bit her. I screemed and she let go real fast of it.

So Critters are yes a problem Manuel in the country even tho she has a fenced in yard.

We also have a HAWK~~ it watches our bird feeder. Once it dipped down over Hannah yard. Joe said he didn;t think it would bother her but I still watch her when she is out. She is a very protected girl forsure.
I hope anyway..

Anita

Hi all.
Well I am a first time cocker owner and I am hoping she has the hunting trait in her. Wont know for a while yet with all the snow but she is great company since I live alone. I only wish I lived in the country with a woods.

Any ways I would not worry about the rabbit if yours gets a hold of it.
Most likely she will dispatch of it quickly an then bring it to you. After all that is what they were bred for.
Any ways I need to get some pics of her up for all of you to see. Her name is tabby. She was born Oct 22 which is my b-day as well. How cool it that.

She is solid black and really smart. At just over 3 month she all ready knows wait, sit, lay, and that the bathroom is outside. LOL
Any ways just wanted to say hi.

Yea as for the rabbit. The doggy would be just fine. doubt she could catch it but she would have a blast chasing it.
later
DAVE

I called to Joe~~ GET THE GUN!!! GET THE GUN!!!! He is kinda hard of hearing and said WHAT???? I thought OMG get some hearing aids

Okay, I know this was a very serious story . . . but these lines made me laugh out loud!

Aww I hear you, several years ago we had a family of opposums living under our back deck, the girls could smell them but not see them...that is until one night when the babies were old enough the mommy posum took them for a walk about the same time I let the girls go out for their last potty of the night. The whole posum family made it back under the deck, except for one baby. Maggie spied it and it played dead but she was very excited and had to be dragged in. She was actually pouncing up and down on her front legs like a little bear. She did not hurt the little thing other than scaring it badly. All summer long the girls would run outside and to the side of the deck looking for the family, who were gone long before their scent and the girls memories of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I called to Joe~~ GET THE GUN!!! GET THE GUN!!!! He is kinda hard of hearing and said WHAT???? I thought OMG get some hearing aids

Okay, I know this was a very serious story . . . but these lines made me laugh out loud!

OMG i am cracking up too!!!!!!!

Oh my Polly that sounds scarry~~~

II called to Joe~~ GET THE GUN!!! GET THE GUN!!!! He is kinda hard of hearing and said WHAT???? I thought OMG get some hearing aids :mad:

Oh Anita!!!:lol::lol:

I am glad you all got a laugh out of it as I do myself now but,back than I sure didn't.

Dave!! I hope she never gets a hold of a bunny of anysize forsure.

Have you ever heard a bunny when something has a hold of it?
It is one of the most terable sounds (the cry for HELP) you have
ever heard.
A neighbors cat got a hold of a small one last summer and it made me sick!!
I never could shoot a animal in all my life befor but (if) I knew how to shoot a gun than I think I could have.

I am sorry but, I can't even watch on T.V. one animal killing another.
Anita

OK, if I'm reading this right.....my new cocker will KILL bunnies? I thought cocker's were bird dogs! I caught my big dog eating a bunny one day shortly after he came here,I did some strong NO yelling & he's never done it again. He will chase them but it's not serious.

My cat kills the baby bunnies & I get very upset,she brings them inside to "share".

We have bald eagles here,and of course hawks. Has an eagle ever gotten a cocker or are they too heavy?

Yes, it's possible. Never forget that dogs are predatory animals.

OK, if I'm reading this right.....my new cocker will KILL bunnies? I thought cocker's were bird dogs! I caught my big dog eating a bunny one day shortly after he came here,I did some strong NO yelling & he's never done it again. He will chase them but it's not serious.

My cat kills the baby bunnies & I get very upset,she brings them inside to "share".

We have bald eagles here,and of course hawks. Has an eagle ever gotten a cocker or are they too heavy?

Raptors WILL go after small prey...I imagine from the air a small Cocker or a puppy would be considered FAIR GAME...

In the summer when I put my puppies out..I put bird netting over the top of my exercise run, JUST IN CASE some hawk flies over my house.

I was out in the yard a couple summers ago, my neighbor had a bunch of her small toy dogs running around the yard...Perched in the dead tree behind her house was a HUGE redtailed hawk...his head cocked looking down at what I interpreted as his next meal.

I called her from my cell phone and said Hey..you better get your little dogs in the house, before one becomes bird food...and told her about the hawk...do you know what she asked me?

How do you notice stuff like that???

I said I look UP!

Oh Gina
What a story!
Scary to say the least. It reminds me of my first cocker, his name was Puppy. Michael and I had our first home in the Hollywood Hills, close to the famous sign. Our house was on stilts.. to get down to the yard, you had to go down several flights of steps. Our yard was terraced, and the area was quite remote, lots of deer and other animals. One morning about 7am I was doing my hair getting ready for work. Puppy was barking like crazy. I looked out my window and he was on one side of our fence and a coyote was on the other, sitting looking at him. Oh boy! You would have seen me. I was running down those flights of stairs, bathrobe flapping behind me, I was screaming and waving a broom. That coyote took off like a bolt of lightning. It's kind of funny now just thinking of it, but, it wasn't funny then! I think it was a close call!

Coyotes are not always easily sent off,if they have a family to feed they will ignore a human-plus they are very quick.

I'm not allowing Buttons off leash outside. I carry a big walking stick in the woods & of course always have big dog with us also.

I like having a good size bunny population around for a reason.

Oh yes, the coyotes are so dangerous. We now live in the forest, all kinds of wild animals out here. For that reason, when we lost our kitties, I decided not to have any more. The owls out here are particularly dangerous to cats. And the road here is dangerous. We don't walk our dogs off leash either. I will let Stormy out and down our steps because he minds and doesn't bolt.. but not the others. And Stomy is on a leash also when we walk. He can run down my steps and into the garage with me and that's all.

Back