rescue A couple more came in

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
Two strays were roaming the streets in the bad part of OKC and were picked up by the ACO. Their stray time was up yesterday evening so we pulled them today. Thank goodness a couple cocker loving friends on FB stepped up to foster them once groomed and vetted. These pics are their before makeovers.
Buster Brown- no older than 2 yrs. is a brown roan and merle. Very friendly and already neutered.
3edf1cb4.jpg

Tillie- black and about 3 years, outgoing, lead trained, extremely thickly matted, two eye infections, not sure if fixed or not yet but certainly hope so.
57342926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They are both lovely dogs Robin. I'm so glad you have fosters for them. Poor Tillie, all that matted hair. I hope she doesn't have ear infections also. Buster is cute also.. very unusual!

Poor little Miss Tillie, she is a cute little thing. Praying that she is spayed and that the eye infections can be brought under control. Mr Buster has quite the unusual color pattern going on, are his eyes blue?

Wishing them both the best forever homes possible.

No, Buster's eyes are not blue, they're both a light brown.

So now I am curious...I know that blue merles can have blue eyes but do the brown merles sometimes have blue or are they light brown.

I was just at the Seattle Dog show today and saw lots of merle austrailian shepards but did not notice if the reds had light eyes, but then I was mostly looking at cockers ;) and agility

They are each gorgeous individuals, I bet they are re-homed in no time.

DJ, how often are you in town? Would love to buy a fellow cocker fan a cuppa coffee.

Aww they both look like nice babies, I hope all goes well and they can get new homes. So glad someone was able to foster them.

Any Merle color can have the blue eyes DJ. Just not all of them do. That's why it's so important for them to be identified for the color they are on registration papers.

DJ,

Farley's eyes are now hazel. I'm so glad you found people to foster those two cuties. Be very interested in seeing the after pictures.

Both look like great dogs. I'm glad you saved them and that was nice of your fb friends to help out. Looks like Merles are the #1 breed for BYB.

If I am ever blessed with the finances, time, space, and money, I want to be a foster momma. I hope they find wonderful forever homes.

Back