rescue Adopted another one....NCR

DotInFlorida

Owned by
2 cockers
Rescued a boy from the shelter late Sunday afternoon. Joe (hubby) fell in love with the guy. So now it is 2 girls (me and Ellie) and 2 guys (Joe and Otto) - not sure I like that - gonna have to get me another girly.:)

Gets along well with Ellie. Know sits (when he wants to) :naughty: and down and will recall on command every single time (so far). Surprised the heck outa me.

Ya'll don't get mad at me please and manuel don't ban me cause he is
v
v
v
v
v

We'll just call him a very tall smooth hair cocker. :p

Attachments

• Just home 11-23-09.jpg
    Just home 11-23-09.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Otto and Ellie.jpg
    Otto and Ellie.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 51
Dot! Otto is beautiful! Love his color. I'm glad you have a match made in heaven. Is Otto a visula?

He's beautiful and from what you said very well behaved. It's terrible, a sign of the times that wonderful pets are loosing their homes. I'm so glad you found each other.

Oh wow, Otto is GORGEOUS! Congratulations on the new addition :) I hope Otto brings you almost as much joy as Ellie Mae does!

Welcome Otto...he is indeed a handsome boy. I was wondering the same thing as Polly is he a Vizsla? I love the coloring. How old is he?

NO YOU DIDN'T!!! OMG he is gorgeous...well, for a non-cocker kinda pooch I mean. :naughty: Congratulations!

Yeah we did Sharon. :p I sometimes wonder if I need my head examined. LOL

Thanks for the compliments! It sure is sad these days, in fact we were talking the other day about when were growing up if you went to "the pound" to get a dog they were almost always Heinz 57 but now there are so many pure breeds it just confounds me.

Yes, Otto is a pure bred Vizsla and he is about 3. (I think) He is a brighter red than Ellie. We are taking him to the vet on Friday so we will see what they think his age is. His teeth look wonderful and we believe at some point he did have good nourishment - especially when he was a pup. He is skinny skinny. You can see his ribs and his backbone. I know they are normally thin with lots of muscle - but not this thin. I'm gonna do some more poking around and see if I can get more info on him. I know there is a Vizsla club and rescue in Tampa I wonder if they could help me trace him. Not like there are a lot of Vizslas running around up here.

Ya'll don't have to worry - he has already been told that Ellie is the princess and comes first. :thumbsup: Joe told him "Ellie is my little girl and the sooner you realize that the happier everyone will be" - that made me laugh.

Oh yeah, he was also told "careful not to piss mommy off". LOL :lol:

Thought he looked a bit thin but I'm not familiar with the breed at all. Is he chipped? I've heard you can track their background with the chip but I don't know how true that is. Maybe if the breeder chipped him... Vet should be able to scan for any chips he's got.

He is beautiful. Lots of luck and a long and happy life for him. I know he will be happy and well cared for with you.

Dot, has he been neutered? I find that intact male Sporting dogs are hard to put and keep weight on. I always get told by judges that my dogs are too thin, but usually they're eating TONS, just metabolizing it all. If Otto was just recently neutered, that could be why he's thin - and once his hormones catch up, he should put some weight on.

He's a lovely dog . . . Viszlas are very cool and very smart.

Your husband sounds like a RIOT!

He is just lovely. Look at that facial expression! I am sure he will be very happy with you and your gang.

Dot
I'm sure Gina will be able to tell you more about the breed. I think she has one.^_^

Dot, has he been neutered? I find that intact male Sporting dogs are hard to put and keep weight on. I always get told by judges that my dogs are too thin, but usually they're eating TONS, just metabolizing it all. If Otto was just recently neutered, that could be why he's thin - and once his hormones catch up, he should put some weight on.

He's a lovely dog . . . Viszlas are very cool and very smart.

Your husband sounds like a RIOT!

He is neutered - don't know how long ago but the scar is not a recent one. He scarfs his food! And I don't mean just eats fast either but doesn't seem to guard his food or have any other food issues.

Yup, hubby is a one of a kind. Keeps me laughing and on my toes. ^_^

I'm sure Gina will be able to tell you more about the breed. I think she has one.

Hooray! How lucky is that? I could use a little more than internet info - if you know what I mean.

He's a beautiful dog. We'll make him an honorary cocker. :) Gina breeds Vizslas. She should be able to help.

Awwwww, and they lived happily ever after!

Very handsome dog. I love his eyes - he seems to have a little cocker tude going on there :p

Back