rescue Anyone know about this? Got in email today.

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
Educate yourself.
Google "puppy mill" at least once in your lifetime.*

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 27, 2009 12:44:58 PM CST

Subject: 24 mill cockers need help

*Please cross post far and wide.* Halfway Home Rescue is located 100 miles south of Kansas City and about an hours drive from Springfield, MO - right in the heart of puppy mill country.* Pleasse help these cocker spaniels have a new start in life.* Otherwise they will go to a puppy mill auction*and be sold to more millers - or be shot.
*Thank you.
Mary

*PLEASE CROSS POST
There are 24 cockers in a mo. mill that can be released from the mill but i must have a place for them to go. otherwise they will sell at auction or be shot. most of the dogs are under the age of 5 and just need a chance at life.
I HAVE TILL SUNDAY THE 29TH TO RESCUE THESE COCKERS

Thanks,
Latichia
Half-wayhome.com
www.crsdke@aim.com
www.half-wayhome.petfinder.com

Last edited:
Robin,

I haven't heard anything about this yet... perhaps a transport is being arranged to help them get to other rescue orgs.

I'll check with a few others in our network (CockerPals, Toolie's LLP's & a couple of larger ones) to see if they got any info on this.

You know I'm good for at least one, puppy mill dogs are my passion. I am pretty sure one will be leaving here in 2 weeks. :)

soooo...more pooches from Missouri eh? Wish I had a job so I could take just one more...

Nope, never seen it before . . . but I think I'm too far North to get those kinds of emails.

Educate yourself.
Google "puppy mill" at least once in your lifetime.*

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 27, 2009 12:44:58 PM CST

Subject: 24 mill cockers need help

*Please cross post far and wide.* Halfway Home Rescue is located 100 miles south of Kansas City and about an hours drive from Springfield, MO - right in the heart of puppy mill country.* Pleasse help these cocker spaniels have a new start in life.* Otherwise they will go to a puppy mill auction*and be sold to more millers - or be shot.
*Thank you.
Mary

*PLEASE CROSS POST
There are 24 cockers in a mo. mill that can be released from the mill but i must have a place for them to go. otherwise they will sell at auction or be shot. most of the dogs are under the age of 5 and just need a chance at life.
I HAVE TILL SUNDAY THE 29TH TO RESCUE THESE COCKERS

Thanks,
Latichia
Half-wayhome.com
www.crsdke@aim.com
www.half-wayhome.petfinder.com

This is from Steve Dales Pet World (Sat radio program on Chicago WLS AM 890). Same situation? Same Dogs? Additional?

Also, Ledy VanKavage of Best Friends talks about the nearly 50 dogs transported from a puppy mill in Missouri to volunteers at DoGone Fun in Chicago, and then delivered to warm and happy homes by Pet Airways.

Back