Bad stuff comes in threes

Mel_Fi

So first Farley, then precious pumpkin....and maybe Fiona....? She has a lump almost on top of her spine that has tripled in size in the last month. It is being removed and probably biopsied on Monday....unless they find some sort of sebaceous cyst infection thingy or something else that could not be any sort of tumor. I am a worrier by nature and am not in a good place just now. I will flip if I lose my bright vivacious little love. Yesterday Fiona kept bugging my sister to go out....then would come right back in and then look at her expectantly.....Patti, who was busy in the kitchen, kind of let her in and out without paying attention to what was going on. After the 4th or 5th tIme this happened,.it finally dawned on her that Fiona was trying to trigger a snack be a use she knows that every once I a while Auntie Patti will give a treat for coming immediately when she is being called. This is typical of Fi......she will come up with a plan to get what she wants. She does not sit by and passively wait for something to happen......she has an agenda! I honestly don't know how I m going to deal with this.

I hope Fiona biopsy results turn out good. Could you do me a favor and not post solid blocks of text. Paragraphs would make it easier to read.

Prayers Mel that Fi's lump is nothing to worry about. I HATE CANCER!

Thanks for the well wishes guys. The lump burst and nasty stuff came out.The vets current theory is that it is likely sebaceous cyst. Tomorrow it is scheduled for removal. Will know more then.

Appears to have been a cyst and boy oh boy....what a releif! The vet tech told me to use a kids tee shirt to keep her from messing with the stitches so we dif just that.. She does not tolerate the cone so this is a simple solution. This morning I gave her a couple of small meals and her pain medication.

She is now resting quietly.

I was going to say it sounds like what we’ve been dealing with for Chase. The vet aspirated it and it was just all infection so she lanced it and we did the hot packing and antibiotic plus oral antibiotic. His is basal cells tho so if it comes back it comes out. Glad she is ok.

This likely had swelled up once before and probably burst and healed on it's own. I found it initially as a scab and pointed it out to the vet. He asked how long it had been there and looked at it. He said if it got bigger, then I needed to do something about it. It was absolutely flat at the time. When it got bigger the second time, I became really worried about the possibility of a tumor until it swelled up and burst. These tend to be non cancerous (thank-you-god) but will recur if not removed. Hers was big enough to merit 3 stitches....or maybe because the location....almost dead center in the middle of her back. Fiona is definitely not enjoying the moratorium on exercise sessions.

I was going to say it sounds like what we’ve been dealing with for Chase. The vet aspirated it and it was just all infection so she lanced it and we did the hot packing and antibiotic plus oral antibiotic. His is basal cells tho so if it comes back it comes out. Glad she is ok.
I bet if she ever gets another one of these glorified pimples.....we go see the vet right away!! Doing oral antibiotics and packing would have been alot easier. I did ask if she would have a tendency to get them and the vet said not.

Actually some cysts and warts are so common among cockers they’re often call cocker warts. Chase has three sebaceous cysts right now I’m watching, as well as a lipoma on his leg. He never got these until he got sick a few months ago. Chicks is going to look like a warthog soon I think so I think we’ll have to take some off. I’m afraid Chase is going to have to have his removed too, it is. It totally gone and if it comes back it has to go.

Back