Bandaged Ears: Is it a fashion trend?

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
I guess I'm naive. I've seen several pictures now of cockers wearing Co-Flex on their ears. Is this to keep their ears clean or some type of fashion?

Attachments

• ear_wraps.jpg
    ear_wraps.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 54
vetwrap

Not a silly question Manuel.
You'll see it mostly on show dogs waiting to go into the ring. It does help to keep them clean, but is mostly used to keep the hair straight after preparing the dog to go into the showring. :)

You'll see it mostly on show dogs waiting to go into the ring. It does help to keep them clean, but is mostly used to keep the hair straight after preparing the dog to go into the showring. :)
I learn something new everyday. :)

I use vet wrap on the ears sometimes if I want them to dry nice and straight and not get all wet from drinking or eating. It doesn't hurt them and yep, show dogs especially are used to it

If you wrap the ears too tightly you can cut off the circulation to the ears and then it'll bother/hurt the dogs. Just be careful of this if you do it. ^_^

and....it takes FOREVER to dry those ears perfectly straight...then to give them some water and have the dunk them again...GRRRRRRR

We do it in SEVERAL fashionable colors or prints!!:)

and....it takes FOREVER to dry those ears perfectly straight...then to give them some water and have the dunk them again...GRRRRRRR

We do it in SEVERAL fashionable colors or prints!!:)
Hehe do you have pictures? :)

I'll have to try and post some of mine later this week when I'm not so exhausted from traveling ;) I have a dog class that I teach starting tonight too . . .

I looked at your site. WOW you have gone to great lenghts with your site. Its a great site to read and look at. When my husband and I are serious about getting a friend for Coco, could I come to you? With not knowing exactly what Coco is, I wouldn't want to break a good blood line or look. If you had a puppy that wasn't "show" quality would you sell him/her for less? I know when my parents where breeding, they would. A "show" quality puppy would sell for the "going" rate. Mind you this was also 30yrs ago.

http://www.clintonoaks.com/marval.htm

I have a hard time posting pictures in a reply so there is the link to his page. Sorry they don't enlarge though a few years back the web site crashed and I lost some...I only have thumbnails...get out your magnifying glass!

Off topic: Let me know if you need help with your site. Looks like you linked using php scripting. There's much easier ways than this. To add pictures to your post try this tutorial: Adding Pictures/Album Pics in Your Message

Back