Bath advice

coco_and_april

Coco hates taking baths and I’m not sure what to do anymore. I have put a bath mat in the tub. I make sure the water is warm. I give treats, even chicken, but none of that works. I still have to drag her to the bath. She’ll even not eat treats from how upset she is over being bathed. Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to give a bath to a cocker spaniel who hates baths?

It sounds like your puppy has had a bad grooming experience from your previous post. You'll probably have to reintroduce her to all the involved items over time and try to build some trust with her.

It sounds like your puppy has had a bad grooming experience from your previous post. You'll probably have to reintroduce her to all the involved items over time and try to build some trust with her.
That sounds like a good idea. How would I go about doing this?

On a whole, I'm not sure that most dogs and cats like baths, you do hear of one once and awhile that does. One of my babies, Pogo used to LOVE pool swimming. So much that he developed ear problems, but, he wasn't that fond of baths. My current baby doesn't love baths any more than any of my others did, but, he sure loves feeling clean after.

Try having some of your grooming tools out while you play with her toys or while you give her treats. Let her get used to them.

Back