Brush Question...

njonblue

Owned by
1 cocker
Ok. So about a week or two after I got Blue, I bought a slicker brush, and at the same time I ordered a de-shedding brush off ebay. After I had already ordered the de-shedding brush, I read online that they aren't the advised brush for cockers, and slickers are. I had been using the slicker for about a month by time the other arrived (came from Hong Kong) and it had been working ok, but I decided to just try the shedding one. After going over his entire body twice with it, I had a clump of hair that was small compared to the drastic pictures it showed, but I didn't expect amazing results anyways. I did notice however that his coat looked shinier and smoother then ever. Is this brush bad for him or what? The slicker does a good job of keeping tangles out and sometimes gets shedding hair, but this one worked like magic on picking up hair. Can I use both on him or will the shedding one hurt him?

this is what the brush looks like
hair-remover-brush-de-shedding-tool-for-pet-dog-cat-339d2.jpg

Both are fine although you do need to watch how much pressure you use with the deshedding brush. Part the hairs and keep an eye on his skin and if turns red stop and you're using too much pressure or going over that area too much.

Ok I wasn't pushing to hard and he was calmer using that then he was with the slicker brush. I think he almost liked it...

Hoshi enjoys his slicker brush. He starts scratching like, "this is so good" when I do his back.

I use a slicker brush, and I have a two headed brush that has longer teeth that Robin suggested. I also use a comb on mine.

Back