memorial Callie

Sue_Fleur

Callie was my baby girl, the first dog that I ever bred. She was well and truly the love of my life along with her mum Misty.

Callie was one of a kind dog, we had such a special bond, that even when she was sick couldn't be broken, if only I listened to my gut instinct.

Callie was the light of my life and I loevd her so much. It took me such a long time to get over her death, still now I haven't. She was a ray of sunshine, and was the most loyal, faithful companion and friend that I could ever ask for. She would just spend her day whereever i would be, wheter it was lazying around in bed, or going out.

I still miss her to this day and love her still so very much.

I still remember the day she died, and the days leading up to it, she is one of the frist dogs ever to die from an allergic reaction to a CT scan. She fought so hard in her life and went through so much. I said to my mum once I know why I got Callie and why she was sick, because they knew she I was the perfect person to look after her and would do whatever ti took to make sure she was ok. she went through alot i her life, especially the last 6 monmths but she was a fighter and would never give up without a fight but I knew the day owuld come where she could no longer fight, and it came sooner than i expected and she was only 7 1/4.

I miss you CAllie my baby and love you still so much. I know you are still around and teaching Fleur things, and I love what you teach her, as it is the good things i love.

Below is a picture of my girl taken at Foster, in 2005 about 18 months before she died.

Attachments

• PICT0002_1.jpg
    PICT0002_1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 67
What a gorgeous dog she was. Thank you for sharing your story and your special bond with Callie.

Sue, Thanks so much for sharing your love of Callie with us. Believe me, I know how you feel. Callie was a goregous dog. Remember, she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge when you leave this world.

Callie was such a beautiful girl - I'm sorry for your loss Sue. It's so tough when they leave us, but it seems even more unfair when they're so young.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. The poem Rainbow BRidge I found after Misty Callie's mum died suddenly, and the only thing got me through that was Callie, and they had such a bond, i had never seen a dog grieve so much. It was hard for me too, as i didn't want to upset CAl too much either. Misty was a as someone said of her as a pup thankfully there is only 1 Misty around, but no she had a pup.

I miss her so much still each day. She was a very very special dog, a dog that comes once in a lifetime. I count my blessing now that I have Fleur as she has been the biggest help of all, even though I never realised it at the time, and I know that CAllie is stil around me and in my heart and memories.

Thank you again.

Below are a couple of photos on my computer and one with my beloved Misty also. I think that is why CAllie was so special extra, because she was my first pup i bred and Misty's daughter

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 3332656.jpg
    3332656.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 56
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 57
Beautiful pooches! Beautiful words to honor their lives. Seems so unfair to take one so young. I only had 7 years with Maxwell but he was a rescue so no real telling how old he was actually. He was my heart and soul. I still miss him too. His passing left room at the inn for all five of my newbies though so something good happened with his passing. They don't ever leave you I think. Always a chunk of your heart attached. :luv:

Back