Can I just wash his ears?

Cockers4Ever

Owned by
2 cockers
Anyone ever wash their dogs ears only? Any tips??

Teddy ate a 2nd box of chocolate pudding mix. And we just went for a run in the woods so he cemented it with thick drool. Its too cold for a bath today and tomorrow is supposed to be nasty so I'd like to just wash his ears but cant figure out the best method! Bowl of warm soapy water?

ugh, maybe I should just suck it up and crank up the heat and throw him in the tub.....

You can as long as you make sure you dry the insides well. Apollo and. Missy have both gone face first into mud, and not gotten their paws dirty.

I washed their face with warm water and did their ears. I only used a small amount of soap on the outside ear leather and tried to minimally use it for the inside. I'm paranoid about ear infections, though.

Hope there isn't enough chocolate in that mix to make Teddy sick, or your pudding pup will have pudding poop.

I put cotton balls in their ears so water does not get down in the ear. Did you know chocolate is toxic to dogs ?
Onions and grapes also, as well as several other things.

Hope there isn't enough chocolate in that mix to make Teddy sick, or your pudding pup will have pudding poop.

ha ha! Yes I know chocolate is toxic (and grapes) I think I have poison control on speed dial now.. Honestly, I worry more about the cardboard box and wax bag it comes in than the small amt of chocolate ... sigh

I've always wanted a clumber and didnt get one b/c I was afraid of having a dog who eats random stuff and having an obstruction. So... what do I end up with? Teddy who is part goat! Fortunately, he's the perfect dog otherwise.

Ahhh, I had Maggie remember, God rest her soul? The little pig with fur? I could fill a book with all the things she managed to get into, many of those that were messy. She had many a "ear bath" That's what kitchen sinks are for.

After much brushing to get as much of the item out of her ears, not always a possibility, like the time she decided that the cookie sprinkles looked just too tasty. Those sugary treats were like glue in her fur. And it did't help that she tried to eat them out first.

I use to have her lay on the kitchen counter and wash her ears using the spray nozzle to make sure that all the shampoo got rinsed out.

After much brushing to get as much of the item out of her ears, not always a possibility, like the time she decided that the cookie sprinkles looked just too tasty. Those sugary treats were like glue in her fur. And it did't help that she tried to eat them out first.

ha ha ... the worst here was Jake.... one night I was setting up at my local dog club for a show when my husband called. He asked me how many eggs I had left on the counter (they were fresh) Uh, 12 like in any carton. He says, Oh good, Jake left us 3. I got home to find that he'd gotten ahold of the carton of eggs and a box of chocolate cake mix and a box of cake and went to town. We had to scrape the mess off the hardwood floor w/a spackle knife and scrub for hours. His ears were cemented to his head and his feet were a mess. But boy oh boy was he pleased with himself!!

Back