rescue Chance update

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
Took him to my vet today so she could see what we had and was starting with. Keeping his meds the same but wants betadine baths instead of water and soap. Also gave banana cream to put on skin and something for coccidia. He was heartworm negative. We already had a $50 donation there waiting for us to use towards today's appt. Told them to expect more.

I've never used Betadine, does it burn at all? I imagine that anything on that raw tissue doesn't feel good. It absolutely amazes me that he's so sweet, given everything that's happened to him.

Hopefully you've gotten some PayPal donations too . . . there are quite a few people that want to help.

Mmmmm banana. My others would be licking that off of him. Hope the new stuff for his bath helps

Forgot to say She thinks I'll be surprised at how good he'll look in 30 days. She said it looked to her that he had something hot dumped on him whether it was an accident or not.

I hope she's right that he'll look much better in 30 days. He'd be a GREAT candidate for laser light therapy, but I doubt that's an option for you. I imagine that most vet clinics don't have a laser, which is too bad. They are fabulous for wound and tissue healing.

Glad that he was HW neg. Doesn't need that going on too - poor thing has too much already.

Was wondering what your vet thought happened to him. Geez, something hot huh? UGH

Thanks for the update. Would love to send you some moola but with Joe out of work and my three I can't right now. I do promise to help in the future though.

Betadine shouldn't burn. I have patients wince when I pour it in a open cut but then again tap water would probably hurt.

Oh God Robin, so the vet thinks someone dowsed him in something... poor baby.

Back