Clippers

DJ's Three

Owned by
1 cocker
OK dropped my clippers one too many times ;) and now I need a new pair. This pair is (or rather were) Oster (A5). I have had them a very long time, like 25 years so it is probly time to get a new pair anyway.

I am only grooming my three. So all you groomers out there what would you recommend? And why. I would also like to get a small pair of cordless to touch up faces in between full on groomings.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure as the only clippers I've used are the A5. I could probably use a new pair myself so I see what is recommended.

I have A5's also, but I know many prefer others.. I think there is even some posts about it in the grooming section. ^_^

I have the Wahl Arco SE cordless clippers and LOVE them. I have only had them for six months, but they work great. I was concerned at first about cordless being powerful enough, but Linda and Kelly reassured me. They are light weight (compared to my old clippers which were Andis-not sure the model) and they do not get as hot. They have no trouble cutting through Reagan's thick hair or shaving down a matted dog for a friend.

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&mscssid=SDT77H5UW25J9N3GJ98MCC8DV2J2A06D

I have the same as Amanda, and I love them. I use them for EVERYTHING. Full grooms, face touch-ups, etc.

I also have the Laube SpeedFeed clippers (purchased on the recommendation of some friends), and I LOVE them. They are very similar to the Mosers, just slightly more of a workhorse build.

I have been using a Wahl Acro SE cordless my English boy seems to have finer/ straighter hair compared to American girl she has curly hair. Have had about 3-4 Yrs and I found that you can get the replacement blade for @ $20 at Fleetfarm much better then the $33 at Petco. I go through a blade about every 9-12 months.

Do not waste your money on the Wahl super pocket pro, it is not quiet and does not get through the feet pad hairs.

Back