Cocker Hair Cuts...???

GizmosMom

Owned by
1 cocker
So currently Gizmo gets the simple and adorable cocker cut. Last time I took him in October I had his tummy trimmed down to a 10 because of mats and what not. I LOVE it. Now Im wondering if next time I should get his skirt much shorter along with his legs trimmed in more. Due to financial issues I can't get him groomed as often and I don't want mats coming back or too much odor. Plus he is still not a fan of baths and brushes, lol. I do bath him at him btw (just incase your wondering). He will be getting his next home bath on Wednesday so he'll be fresh for thanksgiving.

Anyway does anyone have any suggestions on low maintenance adorable hair cuts for cockers? I mean I want him to still have some fur because i love the silky feel, plus it keeps him warm (we're in Maryland, it's getting cold)

*photos would be a great help. THANKS

I saw a video on youtube of a cut where the groomer took all the fur off of the stomach and back, neck, head. She left the ears and the legs. She then used thinners to blend the legs slightly with the short hair of the stomach and back. It sounds weird, but it turned out good. It left them with less grooming, but they still had the sturdy built look and not chicken legs. (cockers always look weird to me with short leg hair and ear hair...) Ill include the link. http://youtu.be/M72dtnMctH0 I would personally do the legs a bit less (they look almost poodle-ish, but thats just me)

If his underneath was taken down with a #10 that should last a while. I took Hoshi's length down with a #7 maybe in September and it's still much shorter than I would like for Christmas pictures. His length is still too short for matting. He has no skirt to speak of.

I think puppy cuts are probably the most hygienic and you could probably go a couple months without matting.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Hi! I keep my cockers fairly short. In the winter mine wear what I call "housecoats" LOL. They are regular jackets, but, made and lined in cotton. They wear fleece jackets when outside. I live in So CA, but up high in the mountains and it's cold up here.
I take my crew's backs and tummys down with a 7 F, and i scissor their legs down to between 1 1/2 to 3 inches depending on my mood. Mine don't wear skirts because of the jackets, they would matt with the velcro strap.

GreatStorm!.jpgmestormpogspep.jpgPogogood.jpgbabygood.jpg

I had Lilly groomed with a field cut to help prevent the burrs and leaves from getting stuck in her fur for the fall. This cut may be easiest for you to maintain It's more of one length all over so the leg fur will be trimmed down considerably.

I had Lilly groomed with a field cut to help prevent the burrs and leaves from getting stuck in her fur for the fall. This cut may be easiest for you to maintain It's more of one length all over so the leg fur will be trimmed down considerably.

Do you have any pictures of the cut?

Back