Cocker Spaniel Fan

Nellie

Raising baby Emily!
Owned by
1 cocker
Hello, I'm new here as you can see. I'll be getting a Cocker Spaniel puppy on Monday, she'll be a 3 month-old red American Cocker. I will probably name her Emily. I'd love to hear what I should expect or any advice for training, grooming, etc. And meet new friends! :)

Oh another new little one. I just got an English Cocker a week ago Friday. He is 9 weeks old now.

Even though I also have a 3 year old gold American cocker, I still ask a lot of questions. The people on this board are great and you will get lot of helpful information.

Good luck to you on Monday! Pictures please.

Welcome Nellie. You'll have to check out Kelly's notes on grooming. Very informative and easy to follow. Good luck with your new baby. Are you adopting her or is she an actual purchase?

Welcome Nellie - wow a new pup - get ready for some great puppy cocker kisses - they are the best. Can't wait to see pictures of your new Emily.

Welcome Nellie. You'll have to check out Kelly's notes on grooming. Very informative and easy to follow. Good luck with your new baby. Are you adopting her or is she an actual purchase?

She will be purchased from a breeder near my area. And yeah, I will certainly look into that. :)

She will be purchased from a breeder near my area. And yeah, I will certainly look into that. :)

May I ask who? Anyone who we may know? Also, where do you live? If you're anywhere near any of us, maybe we can be of more help too. Are you purchasing her as a pet or going to do any performance events with her? Inquiring minds want to know LOL! :lol:

Hello, I'm new here as you can see. I'll be getting a Cocker Spaniel puppy on Monday, she'll be a 3 month-old red American Cocker. I will probably name her Emily.

If you name her EMILY she will be a angel forsure.
My Emily sure was.
Best of luck and can't wait to see pictures.
3 months old is such at a right age too.

Well Cockers are high maintance and need a lot of grooming beside
lots of love. Just start the grooming at a young age and she will be fine.

WELCOME ABOARD HERE NELLIE THERE IS A LOT OF NICE COCKER AND NON COCKER
PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD FORSURE. I KNOW ALL YOUR QUESTIONS YOU HAVE WILL BE ANSWERED BY SOME VERY KNOWLEDGABLE PEOPLE ALSO .

Last edited:
Welcome Nellie! A new pup! How exciting. We can't wait to see pictures. Red cockers are beautiful. Yes, please read Kelly's very informative posts on grooming, housetraining, and we will all be here for you! Linny also has lots of valuable information as does Manuel.

I'm Polly, I live with hubby Michael in So CA with our four cockers. We have Pepper a black & tan rescue boy who is about 9 (ish), Petunia a blue roan blind little girl who could be about 13, Pogo our buff boy who is about 4, and Stormy! CH Phantom's Gonna Steal Your Thunder, CGC, TDI, Robin trusted me with him in November, he's the Storm in Stormbeau Cockers and a wonder and joy and heart healer for Michael and I.

Back