Cocker spaniel submissive urination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently got a cocker spaniel called Holly. I got her off of my mum, as she's moved. Holly is four years old, but she is submissive urinating and urinating whilst excited. I've looked online for tips and they all say the same thing, calm behavior blah blah blah, but she's never been trained and was kicked out of puppy classes because she refuses to listen. I'm struggling to handle this behaviour as I live in a flat at the moment with a one year old son as well. I've got to keep her caged up because of this and feel bad. Not sure if the best thing to do is rehome her to someone who can best handle this behaviour or to stick it out until I move.

You've searched online and found good tips. Find another obedience class to sign up for. Don't give up so easily. You're banned from from further replies.

submissive urination is common in cockers and is different than being unhousebroken. In SU you need to pretty much ignore it and just take them out more often. - before people come over, as soon as you get home w/o speaking to him first and avoid leaning over him.

I also had some luck with homeopet 'leaks no more' when Teddy was younger. The good news is they can outgrow it.

I had a cocker with a submissive urination problem. He would get so excited to see certain people come over that he simply couldn’t hold it. Whenever possible I would make sure he went out and to the bathroom before I knew the people would be coming. He did outgrow it.

Chicka had this problem when we first got her, for her it was fear. Something happened to her on her flight to us and she was very nervous around strangers, which at that time was everyone. We worked with her and got her trust and she outgrew it. She stills gets a little unsure at times but it's not a problem now. As said by others, have everyone ignore your dog the attention can trigger an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back