Complete Shave

Apollo_Moon

Owned by
2 cockers
I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have down Apollo and Moon and start fresh growing out their coats. In no way, shape or form am I doing it because I do not feel like brushing out their coats. Their coats are pretty but very rough for some reason and are breaking off a good bit and making my floors look like a black hole. I'm sure that is my fault somewhere along the lines. But I go on break at the end of the week and was planning on shaving them completely nekkid. Like no pretty feathers or long haired ears.
I was wondering, whoever on this forum keeps their kids nekkid, how do I best shave the feet? I'm worried about doing it wrong and possibly hurting them. All I've ever done is trim the feathers with scissors. Amy kid of help would be welcomed and appreciated :)
Before and After pictures will deffinetly follow :)

I shave my Cockers down in spring, keeps them cool in summer and they have a nice long coats for winter. I cut between pads with scissors and feet with clippers. I do a couple of legs and feet, give them a break and then work on the back feet. They get use to it pretty quick and will look like little beagles when clipped down, but it grows back really fast. Be careful with the little folds on their ears when clipping they are easy to nick,also the tender skin behind their front legs. I have special treats that they only get when clipping so they learn being good on the grooming table has its rewards.

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed that cockers look like barrels with stick feet when shaved off??

Ok I agree not all of them, but, I have groomed several that look just like that when done. I tend to clip their bodies quite short and then use a #3or #4 blade on their legs so they don't look like sticks.

I ended up just doing the summer cut (my lil Clydesdales ;) and the long ears) I got to the legs and was like "I can't do it" lol

I know the feeling! Missy had such a beautiful long coat but there were some spots from her previous owner doing lord knows what... So I had her shaved.

I think she felt better even if she did look a little silly at first. It's been about month and its coming back in nicely.

I used to hate getting them shaved but not any more. I am waiting for Monday to come so I can get them shaved and counting every second :)

I only got Moon done today. Took me forever because she didn't want me playing with her feet at all. But here is the new Moon :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 118
Well done! Cordelia maybe getting the same; she really hates the brush. You did a great job!

Thank you. I cried when I shaved off her ears but I felt so much worse shaving the feathers. Lol. I think she looks like a princess now :)

She is beautiful! I also hate to clip my Cockers down but I am ok with it as soon as I see how good they always feel with short hair,running and bouncing everywhere.

That's a really nice shave job. Moon will enjoy her ability to run and play without baths or brushing.

Back