rescue Crapola

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
One potentially going out and one coming back. Crap.
Marx the tri boy pup apparently nipping at kids when they're walking him/playing with him and left teeth marks in leg other day. They've been trying to break him of it but when he left teeth marks I guess that was the last straw for mom. When she brings him I'll have to go in more detail as to what she's tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which one is Marx? If this was one of the pups you raised I seriously doubt he picked up that habit from you. That's a pup with a clean slate. Mom and dad must have not been watching how their son was playing with the pup IMO.

He stayed with me a couple of months from 7 months to 10 months. He was the black/white/tan that looked like Groucho with his tan eyebrows. He was adopted last October. Probably the way they're playing with him, don't doubt that especially if teasing. Never had that trouble here with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's too bad but, at least they are being somewhat responsible and, bringing him back.

Let me look up some stuff Robin. I suspect that the kids are running and/or squealing, and that arouses the puppy, causing nipping. In this case both the child and the puppy likely need some training.

Let me look up some stuff Robin. I suspect that the kids are running and/or squealing, and that arouses the puppy, causing nipping. In this case both the child and the puppy likely need some training.

Beat me to it Kelly, I was thinking the same thing. Having raised both puppies and children at the same time (son twoyears, puppy two months) I think mom missed something here when it started and now doesn't know how to fix it. Maybe a talk with her will determine if she is willing to work on this wither with a trainor or on her own.

Good news is that he is coming back to you instead of to a shelter.

High prey drive and bombastic kids don't mix well. And a tri? Hehehehe dog needs a job and possibly no kids under 10

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry. I hope you can work this out.. if now, he's better off with you ...

I have to agree, sometimes parents don't see what the kids may be doing. I have seen it. My niece would sometimes yank on my Isaac's ears and he would nip her like it hurts gently, but then she kept it up. I never knew she did that until I caught her in the act and Isaac bit her, thankfully it was not hard enough to break skin.

I had to teach my niece that when doing that it hurts him that is why he bit. He is not a mean dog, you just have to not pull on his ears, if you did something and he warned you that way, that means you stop doing that. Pet him, play ball etc but don't pull it hurts and scares him. She learned fast and taught her brother that. She was 4 when she taught her brother not to do those things to Isaac.

I am sorry that he has to come back, but at least he is going back to you.

Back