D: Helllp.. ears..

member 23

Owned by
1 cocker
What can I use to clean Simon's ears? His poor ears are getting worse! He has an ear infection in both and they smell SO bad. I wish I could take him to the vet, but I just don't have any money right now. In fact my account is in the negative atm and I don't even have any gas in my car. I'm scraping to get by right now. :( For the time being, until I can get him to a vet, what can I do for his ears? They are so uncomfortable for him. I feel so bad...

Although, as you know, the vet is the best bet as they can pin point they type of infection Simon has. This stuff is very good and similar to the "Blue" that is highly recommended.

http://www.vitacost.com/Liquid-Health-K-9-Ear-Solutions

Kelly also has a very good sticky on ears at the top of this grooming section. It gives lots of good ear advice and others have added some also. Cleaning the ears with witch hazel is inexpensive and might give Simon some relief.

Oh Ashlee.. I know when it rains it pours... I sure hope Simon will be better soon. I know like Karen says the vet is the best bet, but, if blue power hurts him to much, you could even try some collidial silver in his ears. Or monistadt I know Linny sometimes uses that.. Check out Kelly's stickies, they do contain a lot of information. {{{{{{}}}}}

Last edited:
Although, as you know, the vet is the best bet as they can pin point they type of infection Simon has. This stuff is very good and similar to the "Blue" that is highly recommended.

http://www.vitacost.com/Liquid-Health-K-9-Ear-Solutions

Kelly also has a very good sticky on ears at the top of this grooming section. It gives lots of good ear advice and others have added some also. Cleaning the ears with witch hazel is inexpensive and might give Simon some relief.

I totally recommend this solution, too! It's awesome! When I adopted Gracie she had both bacterial and yeast infections. The bacterial infection was taken care of by the ear wash and the yeast infection was cured by a simple diet change :). The shelter had tried all sorts of antibiotics, rinses, washes, etc. So while I think the vet would be helpful in diagnosing what kind of ear infection it is (yeast, bacterial, or even fungal), you may not need expensive vet medications and washes.

You can also shave the inside of the ears and around them to make sure you get enough air. Gabby didn't have many ear problems. Hoshi is doing well too. I credit that to my grooming. It may not look as pretty but it serves a purpose.

I don't have any money to buy the stuff! I am -88$ in my account... (TY car insurance + overdraft fee...).... So no ;(

i took advantage of having a lil money and bought the K-9 stuff for simon's ears.. I bought it over amazon though so it's not here yet. should be here soon. will let you all know how it works. :)

It's great stuff bit I have a blue shirt. It didn't start out as a blue shirt...

:lol: Yeah, there's a purplish stain on the white hallway carpet...oops. Somehow my shirts have survived, though! I use the cleaner for Gracie's ears since she's so prone to infections.

Haha okay, I'll make sure to use it on the balcony, and in clothes I don't care for. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Back