Detroit Kennel Show 2009

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
I had worked 12hrs and came late so I didn't take too many pictures. This was my first time at the show and I was kind of lost. I did take a few nice pictures and wanted to share. There is more pictures in this album: http://mycockerspaniel.com/forum/album.php?albumid=37. Isn't this one sweet? :wub:

picture.php

All dogs are sweet, but I guess the people on this board find Cockers even more so. I love Cocker eyes. They speak volumes to you and can really melt your heart.

Aw your pictures are very nice and they are all just as pretty as ever. The one that you have posted is very pretty.

Beautiful shiny black cocker --- and in the pics, I see someone I know. Joan is showing a little buff in one shot. I'm not positive, but the black/tan dog might be a Gordon Setter.

Beautiful shiny black cocker --- and in the pics, I see someone I know. Joan is showing a little buff in one shot. I'm not positive, but the black/tan dog might be a Gordon Setter.

That's neat you recognize someone. I didn't know anyone there.

Great pictures...I am going to the Seattle Kennel Club show next weekend...hope that my pictures come out as good as yours. Am going to try and get some action shots of agility.

Linda, I am sure that that is a Gordon Setter also, they are so handsome.

Great pictures...I am going to the Seattle Kennel Club show next weekend...hope that my pictures come out as good as yours. Am going to try and get some action shots of agility.

Linda, I am sure that that is a Gordon Setter also, they are so handsome.

Many of my action shots didn't turn out--nothing but blurs because I used a telescopic lens in low light. I should have used a tripod or a better lens. If your camera has an action setting make sure and use it.

Those Gordon Setters are so beautiful and he was so sweet. He gave her kisses a bunch of kisses. They look like overgrown cockers to me. ^_^

Wonderful pictures Manuel! I tried to identify some of the breeds for you, but in cases where I couldn't see the body it was tough. It sounds like you enjoyed your day at the show :)

I love the pictures! The one you asked "What breed is this?" Reminds me of my first puppy, Dusty! She was a mix. That looks like a bit of a brittany spaniel to me. I could be wrong.

What a stunning black beauty but i'm partial to black cockers anyways, glad you had fun Manuel i've never attended that one but one of these years I may make it Monroe is show much closer to me so I always make either the summer or fall show there.

I think black cockers are the prettiest dogs ever and I hope to have one again some day. I fostered a Gordon Setter once. He ate my couch. Seriously, I bought two identical couches (because there were 9 of us) and he ate the back of one of them.

I think black cockers are the prettiest dogs ever and I hope to have one again some day. I fostered a Gordon Setter once. He ate my couch. Seriously, I bought two identical couches (because there were 9 of us) and he ate the back of one of them.

OMG Pam!!! LOL... When I was really young we had a great dane pup, he ate our back portch.:naughty:

What a stunning black beauty but i'm partial to black cockers anyways, glad you had fun Manuel i've never attended that one but one of these years I may make it Monroe is show much closer to me so I always make either the summer or fall show there.

I never knew about the Monroe one. I might check it out if I get a chance.

I have been to the Monroe show, in 2004. Farley earned two Novice Obedience passing scores there! I stayed one day to watch the Specialty - there was over 3 hours of just Cockers :)

I have been to the Monroe show, in 2004. Farley earned two Novice Obedience passing scores there! I stayed one day to watch the Specialty - there was over 3 hours of just Cockers :)

Wow! I had to pull up a Google map and find Alberta, CA. That's 2,000 miles away from Monroe, MI. Good going Farley! Where all have you shown in the US? Was the specialty just on cockers?

I have shown in Monroe, MI, Indianapolis, IN and Portland, OR. I flew to Sarnia, Ontario and drove to Monroe and Indy from there . . . so it wasn't too bad.

I actually don't show in the US very often, because it's far (everything is far from me!) and expensive, but the US shows are fun.

Specialties are usually single-breed shows, but sometimes there are Group shows (Sporting group) or multi-breed shows (like the ASC Flushing Spaniel show in January in Philly). Farley only ever showed in obedience in the US, and he won't be going back, because I won't vaccinate him anymore. Jack Jack showed in conformation - both a Specialty and some all-breed shows.

Is there a website that lists where shows are held. We live so far from anywhere but I would like to watch another one if it was within reasonable driving. We live on the MT/ND stateline. thank you in advance.

Back