dQuestions regarding dry for dogs

DJ's Three

Owned by
1 cocker
OK, since Maggie needs to be bathed every two to three days I really need to get a new doggy dryer. So I thought I'd ask the experts here, Kelly? Robin? Linny? any suggestions? I had one that was years old and it gave up the ghost awhile ago. Summer is gone so No air drying and besides with Maggies skin issues I really can't let her wander around damp.

Anyone have a brand they love?

Last edited:
I'd love to get a B-Air cage dryer. They seem to be gentler and quieter than the canister dryers like I have. I think a B-Air dryer would be a good investment for someone with several cockers.

I have a metro commander and a double k dual motor......, but am wanting to buy a smaller, quiet little dryer that works magic. I can't remember the name of it but know where they sell the pricey, little thing....Asking Santa for one for Christmas! I was able to see a demonstration....at the dog show in OKC this summer and had a chance to get the feel of it. Loved it! Just a small little pretty colored thing too. Came in white, pink, purple and another color......

I have learned that drying the dog is only part of the success; getting the dog as dry as possible before using the dryer really save me time on all of mine. The younger two are in full coat and LadyBug has a long back and modified clip. According to Jodi Murphy (I have been known to be watching the DVD and actually grooming with her)...the microfiber towels are part of the success. First squeeze as much as possible out of the coat, let them drip for a while and keep squeezeing in between times......when about ten minutes has passed I started squeezing the water out or absorbing it in the microfiber. I even rub the fur and try and get it just as dry as I can. It is amazing what the towel can absorb that Jodi uses. (no I don't get a commission)....I even put a towel wrap on them at times and leave for 20-30 minutes, but if I use that 20-30 minutes wisely, I can be more than half finished with the dring part of the grooml

I have been able to cut my drying time in half in most cases. I have the dog fairly well clipped before bath and then after drying do the finishing touches. I am not a good groomer, but I hope to always improve. My dogs do not go in the breed ring but I am proud of the way they look in obedience. LadyBug has a long back coat and a modified cut, but she takes about the same amount of time to dry.

Drying ears is what takes me the longest......any helps there......I don't let mine freely air dry at all......If I did, they would run and rub on anything that wasn't moving and catch everything that was moving! lol...

I started this post and it went somewhere....I hope it doesn't show up twice or somewhere it isn't supposed to be. lol Joyce

Are ShamWow towels microfiber? I saw them at Costco a while back.

I'm not familiar with that name, but I also do not know the names of the two brands that I use. One is definitely close fabric and is red. It is a brand name and the one that I order from the company that Jodi M uses is turquois colored and really stiff until you wash it once. You can wring water out of it just like a real chamois and it feel like one.....They were only about 2.25 each and I bought several.....I have used the same one over and over. She said that they would last an individual groomer over a year.....Hope this helps... (remember....I am not a pro groomer and don't want to be but I do know several......one Master Groomer right here at our finger tips.......RS!!!lol) Joyce

Wow great idea using microfiber Joyce. I'll wait to see what to buy. I'm going to need a good dryer also I'm afraid.

I use a pet towel from http://www.chammyz.net - it works really well to wick the water from the dogs. I then use a canister dryer for the back and top knot on Jack Jack. On my shorter-haired dogs, I use it for drying all of them. The air doesn't get too hot (just warm) and the water is blown right off the dog. Mine is the Meteo Cage Dryer, with 4hp capacity.

Kelly, I wanted to check out the link for the towel you use to dry.....It wouldn't work for me. Thanks, Joyce

Back